- Company: Our House
- Updated: 9/10/2019
- Location: Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Nonprofits
Founded in 1987, Our House is a nonprofit organization based in Little Rock, Arkansas. Our House empowers homeless and near-homeless families and individuals to succeed in the workforce, in school, and in life through hard work, wise decision-making, and active participation in the community. The diverse workforce that makes up the 100+ person team at Our House includes salaried and hourly staff, AmeriCorps and VISTA national service members, interns, and resident job trainees. Our House operates on a budget of approximately $4 million per year. Over the last decade, Our House has experienced tremendous growth, with an operating budget that has quintupled in size and a campus expansion that has included $10 million in capital investment. For more information, please visit ourhouseshelter.org.
Our House has a uniquely positive and mission-focused corporate culture. Team members are encouraged and expected to take their position seriously, work hard, work together, engage supporters wherever possible, and always remain focused on the Our House mission. The Our House team has defined a set of seven “Guiding Principles” that characterize our culture and that we intentionally seek to uphold. They can be found at ourhouseshelter.org/guidingprinciples.
Reporting to the Housing Coordinator, the Intake Specialist will provide office management skills that are critical to housing operations including: overseeing the creation of intake packets, assisting new intakes in the completion of intake forms, office management support at intake desk, and logistical support for case management teams. The Intake Specialist will also be the data quality checkpoint for all housing client files at entry and at exit from both housing programs.
• Ensure that all housing intake procedures and systems are in compliance and are operating efficiently and effectively.
• Supervise job trainee positions, including: Intake Clerk, Housing Housekeeper and Shelter Cook.
• Ensure data quality, accuracy of records of housing entries, transfers, and exits of all clients in the housing programs.
• Perform data entry and quality assurance of data regarding entry and exit of all housing clients within two data systems: Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and Our House Client Database.
• Perform federal, online sex offender check for all new intakes of the housing programs.
• Identify the appropriate case management track for all new intakes into the housing programs and performs a “hand-off” to case managers of new client files once all data has been collected and entered into data systems.
• Facilitate application and intake processes for Shelter residents moving into the Family Housing program.
• Be the point of contact for the ordering of supplies for the shelter offices and janitorial supplies for the housing programs.
• Ensure all red flag incidents or concerns in the housing programs are reported to the appropriate authority, as well as the Director of Housing, immediately and are properly documented.
• Attend all required meetings, including, but not limited to: weekly one-on-one with supervisor, weekly Clinical Staffing Meeting, bi-weekly Housing Team Meeting, and monthly All Team Meeting.
• Be a strong champion for Our House, its mission, and its clients both externally and internally.
• Provide great customer service to residents of the housing programs as well as volunteers, donors, and partners who interact with the housing programs.
• Work along with the Director of Housing to ensure all client files are compliant with federal and state requirements.
• Conduct other duties as assigned to fulfill Our House’s mission.
The Intake Specialist will be thoroughly committed to Our House’s mission. All candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
• Minimum of three years of professional work experience.
• Understanding of project management.
• Proven experience in monitoring and evaluating projects.
• Minimum of a high school diploma. Bachelor degree preferred.
• Proven experience working effectively in a team environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word and Excel.
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
• Demonstrate respect for the dignity of all people and values diversity and empowerment.
• Must be trustworthy, hard-working, positive, and adaptable.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and vehicle to use in performance of job.
• Must be able to pass criminal background and child and adult maltreatment screens and a pre-employment drug screen.
Salary and Benefits
• This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position.
• Benefits include employee health insurance (employee premiums paid by Our House) and optional dental, vision, and life insurance (paid by employee) all available after 60 days of employment) and a 401k with Our House matching up to 4% of wages contributed (available after 12 months of employment).
• 10 days of annual leave per year.
• 8 days of holiday leave per year including a “birthday holiday”.
• 15 days of additional leave for illness / “requirements of life”.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include the words “Intake Specialist” in the subject line.
Our House is a drug free workplace.
Our House is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. People of color and members of the LGBTQ community are encouraged to apply.
The deadline to apply for this position is September 16, 2019.