- Company: Our House
- Updated: 9/10/2019
From Our House to Yours resale store is a social enterprise established in 2016 to support Our House, Inc. From Our House to Yours currently includes two locations (Little Rock and North Little Rock). The stores provide multiple benefits to Our House including funding, donor relations and donations management, and job training opportunities for clients. Our House is a nonprofit organization based in Little Rock, Arkansas, and founded in 1987. Our House empowers homeless and near-homeless families and individuals to succeed in the workforce, in school, and in life through hard work, wise decision-making, and active participation in the community. Each year, Our House serves over 1,800 unique clients including 1,200 adults and over 600 children. Our House benefits from more than 3,000 distinct volunteers contributing more than 24,000 hours of service each year; $1.6 million worth of in-kind donations of good and services; and more than 200+ partnering organizations. For more information, please visit ourhouseshelter.org/store
Our House has a uniquely positive and mission-focused corporate culture. Team members are encouraged and expected to take their positions seriously, work hard, work together, engage supporters wherever possible, and always remain focused on the Our House mission. Key characteristics of the corporate culture include a focus on problem-solving, capacity-building, entrepreneurialism, thriftiness, and teamwork.
Reporting to the Resale Store Manager, the Assistant Manager will help run and maintain the From Our House to Yours all locations of the resale store enterprise through overseeing donations, sales, and human resources, assisting the Store Manager by implementing policies and procedures, and developing donor and volunteer relations. Please note that while this position works closely with Our House, Inc., the employer is From Our House to Yours, a separate entity wholly owned by Our House, Inc.
● Oversee, train, and cooperate with employees, job-trainees, and volunteers.
● Support the Manager in developing human resource systems, store procedures, and donor relations.
● Maintain high morale and coaching standards with all staff and volunteers.
● Monitor and adhere to salary and operating expense budgets.
● Create schedules and organizing the day-to-day needs of the stores.
● Accept donations and provide support or assistance to customers and donors.
● Provide support to the Manager.
● Drive box truck and other From Our House to Yours vehicles.
● Open and close stores.
● Sort and price merchandise in a timely manner.
● Ensure proper documentation of sales, expenses, and donations.
● Manage and organize store spaces to enable proper presentation of merchandise and enactment of promotional and seasonal activity.
● Organize and lead onboarding for large groups and for individual staff members.
● Provide support in hiring employees and recruitment efforts for volunteers.
● Assist with donation pick-ups as needed.
● Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
● Minimum of a high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Associate’s degree or higher preferred.
● Must possess strong verbal communication skills. Applicant should be a persuasive communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
● Experience in sales, marketing, management, and business or nonprofit administration is preferred.
● Must possess a valid driver’s license and vehicle to use in performance of job. Position requires some travel within Central Arkansas.
● Must be able to pass criminal background and child and adult maltreatment screens and a pre-employment drug screen.
● Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
● Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
● Must have passion, integrity, and a positive attitude and be mission-driven and self-directed.
● Must be trustworthy, hard-working, positive, a team-player and dedicated to the mission of Our House.
● Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
● Must be able to lift 20-60 pounds on a regular basis with team or mechanical assistance.
● Must be able to lift above head.
● Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Salary and Benefits
● This is a full-time position, 40 hours a week.
● Provides a salaried, exempt position dependent upon experience and qualifications.
● Paid vacation and sick time are provided.
● 401(k) retirement plan availability.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include the words “Resale Store Assistant Manager” in the email subject line.
Our House is a drug-free workplace.
Our House is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. People of color and members of the LGBTQ community are encouraged to apply.
The deadline to apply for this position is September 27, 2019.