BSA AML Quality Control Specialist
- Company: Centennial Bank
- Updated: 9/18/2019
- Location: Conway
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Depends on Experience
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central, Northwest
- Category: Banking/Finance, General Employment
For more information and/or to apply, please visit our career site at:
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The BSA/AML Quality Control Specialist will assist in department efforts to adhere to the legal and regulatory environment as it relates to BSA/AML. The Quality Control Specialist is responsible for performance assessments of work produced by the BSA department, including reviewing completed alerts, investigations, risk reviews, and other BSA-related processes as assigned. The Quality Control Specialist will identify, document, and report findings to the BSA/AML Quality Control Manager to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures. The BSA/AML Quality Control Specialist will help with the writing and review of all BSA/AML procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform reviews of work and documentation to ensure quality is met.
2. Understand and ensure compliance with the execution of BSA/AML/OFAC policies and procedures.
3. Perform review of alerts, cases, enhanced due diligence reviews, and other BSA tasks that may be assigned to evaluate work product for quality, accuracy, and sound decision making.
4. Perform reviews of OFAC monitoring, CIP, and CTR filings.
5. Provide feedback and communicate effectively with other Quality Control Specialists and Manager on results of reviews.
6. Assist the Quality Control Manager in the preparation of reports and monitoring results.
7. Provide recommendations to Quality Control Manager to enhance policies and procedures to improve quality and consistency.
8. Assist in training sessions for the BSA Department to address risks or gaps in processes and procedures.
9. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
10. Completes required Annual BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed as needed.
11. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Knowledge of a specialized field (however acquired), such as basic accounting, computer, etc. Equivalent of four years in high school, plus night, trade extension, or correspondence school specialized training, equal to two years of college, plus 5 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and understand general business/company related articles and professional journals; Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to prepare and interpret bar graphs.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Advanced: Word Processing/Typing
Basic: 10-Key, Contact Management, Database, Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet
Normal working conditions as found within an office setting, wherein there is controlled temperature and a low noise level, plus a minimum of distractions.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; regularly required to talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Keen eye for detail.
Able to handle pressure due to deadline restraints.
Strong multi-tasking capability.
Ability to prioritize workflow and projects to meet timelines.
Ability to work independently and make basic decisions without constant direct supervision.
Paid holidays and vacation
• Home BancShares, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.