Data Engineer II
- Company: Centennial Bank
- Updated: 1/2/2020
- Location: Conway, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Depends on Experience
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central, Northwest
- Category: Engineering, Technology
For more information and/or to apply, please visit our career site at:
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Data Engineer II designs, builds, and maintains databases for data storage, processing, and analytics. This role develops, supports, and implements strategies for warehouse implementation, data acquisition and access, data archiving and recovery, and data reporting and visualization. Extensive Star Schema Fact Table Dimensional modeling with Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) and Extract Transform Load (ETL) processes architecting will be owned by this role. This role develops and maintains Extract Transform Load (ETL) processes and monitors and maintains our database and cloud infrastructure. This position will work closely with our Business Intelligence group to produce data analysis and reports. In addition, this role builds data models and defines the structure, attributes and nomenclature of data elements along with evaluating new data sources for adherence to the organization's quality standards and ease of integration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Design, implementation, and administration of database systems in a team environment. This duty is performed daily, about 50% of the time.
2. Maintain awareness and knowledge of industry/vendor technology and trends in order to ensure optimal use and value of the LAN/WAN resources. This duty is performed weekly, about 10% of the time.
3. Oversee projects from the planning stage to completion to meet the organization's requirements. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
4. Oversee regular maintenance of our database systems. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
5. Assist in maintaining and troubleshooting existing and new software applications. This duty is performed daily, about 15% of the time.
6. Provide guidance to level one engineers and technicians in issue troubleshooting and resolution. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
7. Conduct research and consult with VP Network Administration concerning new storage, applications, and systems related purchases. This duty is performed monthly, about 5% of the time.
8. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner. This duty is performed daily, about 100% of the time.
9. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed as needed.
10. Develops and maintains Extract Transform Load (ETL) processes.
11. Monitors and mantains database and cloud infrastructure.
12. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 4 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read a limited number of words and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers; Ability to write and speak simple sentences as a means for basic communication. Ability to read and understand simple instructions, short correspondence, notes, letters and memos; Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization. Ability to read, analyze, and understand general business/company related articles and professional journals; Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to read, analyze, and understand common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; Ability to respond to complex or difficult inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: Programming Languages, Spreadsheet
Basic: 10-Key, Accounting, Alphanumeric Data Entry, Presentation/PowerPoint, Word Processing/Typing
Periodically exposed to such elements as noise, intermittent standing, walking, occasionally pushing, carrying, or lifting; but none are present to the extent of being disagreeable.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit; regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Required Education and Experience:
- 5 + years of experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting Microsoft SQL Server
- 3 + years of experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting Microsoft Server Products
- Must be well organized with excellent technical documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision
- Basic understanding of scripting and PowerShell
- Mature logic critical thinking skills
3 years experience with Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Analysis Services, Azure Data Factory, and SQL 2017
This position may require the use of a vehicle to install, troubleshoot, and/or remove IT-related equipment, network, etc. Therefore, this position is classified as a safety sensitive position.
Paid holidays and vacation
• Home BancShares, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.