Loan Processing Supervisor
- Company: Malvern National Bank
- Updated: 10/8/2019
- Location: Malvern
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 5-10 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Banking/Finance
Position Title: Loan Processing Supervisor
Location: Malvern, AR
Department: Credit Department
Reports To: VP/ Credit Department Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: Full-time position
This is an administrative position responsible for providing loan processing and administrative support services specific to the lending team of MNB. The incumbent is responsible for the supervision of all Loan Processors to insure they are held accountable in the accurate and timely processing of all loan types - to fund, close, and/or renew - and for accurately uploading all types of loans to the core system, as well as supervising the efficiencies of all other duties related to the loan processing team. Work is highly confidential in nature and involves the skilled use of a computer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
1. Exhibit strong knowledge of all aspects of the Loan Processing Dept. including familiarity with the functions of each position supervised.
2. Process commercial, consumer, and real estate loan documentation in compliance with regulatory and loan policy guidelines.
3. Responsible for development of Loan Processor’s career growth through delegation of work and providing guidance to team members to help meet their goals and service customers.
4. Provide guidance and support to team members and Loan Assistants to insure compliance with internal policies and procedures and legal requirements.
5. Determine the entity of the borrower (i.e., sole proprietorship, partnership, LLC, corporation, etc.) and verify that appropriate documentation is obtained for file based upon entity type.
6. Prepare documents, closing instructions, key sheets, and wire instructions. Coordinate loan closings with the officers, customers, and closing agents.
7. Review completed, signed loan documentation and packages loans. Ensure all required documentation is in file.
8. Obtain copies of any required waivers that have been approved by officers on documentation exceptions.
9. Work closely with in-house bank attorney for preparation and review of specialized forms and loan agreements required for loan closings.
10. Prepare data/code sheet for loan administration to upload loan into the system.
11. Prepare checklist for records administration listing all documents required to properly complete loan file, including collateral tracking, purpose of loan, terms, loan covenant tracking and any outstanding mortgages.
12. Collect information required to be reported under the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) on purchase, refinance, or property improvement loans for residential property. Oversees the HMDA entry and submissions.
13. Supervise coordination with IT and Loan Processing on software updates and corrections on documents.
14. Check and reconcile the appraisal account and closing fees payable.
15. Check the billing on Flood certifications and authorize payment.
16. Consistently deliver phenomenal customer service through aggressive friendliness accompanied by honest, positive and confident behaviors (in-house and on the phone).
17. Maintain utmost confidentiality.
18. Perform any other related duties as may be required or assigned.
1. Continuously provide training, coaching, development, and motivation for team members, meeting regularly with team to discuss areas of opportunity for personal and professional growth in order to build employees’ confidence, competency, and efficiency.
2. Assign and review processing work in preparation of new loans and extensions or renewals of existing loans.
1. Champion the MNB mission statement with pride and enthusiasm.
2. Perform all aspects of your position with a coachable spirit and leadership mentality.
3. Support all other team members, providing assistance and encouragement to ensure service is provided in the most efficient and effective manner.
4. Collaborate in the sharing of new ideas that will drive the organization’s bottom line.
5. Participate in volunteer opportunities surrounding the organization.
6. Exhibit professionalism at all times
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or GED required
• Associates Degree or related work experience/training in business fields (e.g. accounting, business admin, finance) equivalent to two (2) years of college required
• Four-year college degree preferred
• Five (5) years prior experience in Loan Processing required with in-depth experience with loan documentation and regulations for all loan types
• Knowledge and understanding of TRID rules, implementation and compliance for real estate loans preferred
• Experience with Finastra - LaserPro loan documentation system preferred
• Three (3) years Supervisory experience preferred
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Loan Processing Supervisor must be able to
• Exhibit ability to productively lead and manage a team of members
• Create an atmosphere of teamwork and enthusiasm
• Communicate effectively (both oral and written)
• Must be able to exercise trustworthy service, courtesy, tact and diplomacy in dealing with others.
• Confidently handle escalated concerns and effectively communicate with customers, general public and other team members of the bank regardless of personalities or communication style
• Assist team in understanding of documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and procedure manuals
• Exhibit appropriate decision making skills in the absence of certainty
• Handle and diffuse stressful situations by functioning in a calm and positive manner; Self composure is required at all times.
• Provide transportation to attend required training/meetings at designated locations within the bank; may occasionally be required to travel to out of state user group meetings for documentation software.
• Efficiently use standard office equipment (i.e. desktop/laptop computer and software, copier, scanners, printers, fax, 10-key calculator, multi-line telephone system, etc.)
• Exhibit capacity to learn various windows-based software applications
• Proficiently use MS Office applications (Word, Excel)
• Exhibit general knowledge of commercial bank computer applications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
This position requires manual dexterity; to regularly sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; to reach with hands and arms; to talk and hear; the employee must occasionally stand, walk, bend, stoop, or kneel.
The employee may regularly be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs., occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.; Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
There are no harmful environmental conditions that are present for this position. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
MNB is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other basis that may be determined by law.