IRA & HSA Support Specialist
- Company: Centennial Bank
- Updated: 10/29/2019
- Location: Conway, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Depends on Experience
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central, Northwest
- Category: Banking/Finance, Professional
For more information and/or to apply, please visit our career site at:
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The position will be responsible for daily review of all activity on IRA/HSA, and safe deposit box activity to ensure transactions are processed correctly and forms are completed to prevent and minimize any tax reporting issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Monitor, process, & verify daily transactions. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
2. Monitor, process, & verify scheduled distributions. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
3. Monitors, processes, & verifies annual required minimum distributions. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
4. Performs daily back office IRA/HSA new account verification functions. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
5. Reviews and corrects DDA, Savings, Time Deposit IRA and HSA tax reporting. This duty is performed as needed, about 10% of the time.
6. Processes and verifies new and revised customer IRA/HSA account documentation. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
7. Processes and verifies customer IRA/HSA maintenance. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
8. Review for any safe deposit box processing exceptions. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
9. Review newly opened safe deposit boxes for accuracy. This duty is performed monthly, about 10% of the time.
10. Review safe deposit boxes for appropriate billing. This duty is performed monthly, about 10% of the time.
11. Review past due and delinquent safe deposit boxes for appropriate customer notification. This duty is performed monthly, about 10% of the time.
12. Maintains thorough knowledge and expertise in current IRA and HSA rules and regulations. This duty is performed annually, about 20% of the time.
13. Complete required annual BSA/AML training and other compliance training's as assigned. This duty is performed annually, about 10% of the time.
14. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
15. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 3 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Advanced: Word Processing/Typing
Intermediate: 10-Key, Accounting, Alphanumeric Data Entry, Spreadsheet
Basic: Contact Management
Periodically exposed to such elements as noise, intermittent standing, walking, occasionally pushing, carrying, or lifting; but none are present to the extent of being disagreeable.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; frequently required to reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Paid holidays and vacation
• Home BancShares, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.