Legal Order Processor
- Company: Centennial Bank
- Updated: 11/18/2019
- Location: Conway, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Depends on Experience
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Banking/Finance, Legal Services
For more information and/or to apply, please visit our career site at:
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Legal Order Processor will be responsible for reviewing and processing garnishments, levies, and subpoenas. They will work closely with legal counsel to ensure all legal documents are being processed correctly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Daily research and processing of garnishments. This duty is performed daily, about 40% of the time.
2. Daily research and processing of levies. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
3. Daily research and processing of subpoenas. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
4. Reconciliation of internal accounts. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
5. Work with legal counsel to process served orders. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
6. Code legal counsel invoices for proper billing. This duty is performed monthly, about 10% of the time.
7. Process manual monthly service charges. This duty is performed monthly, about 10% of the time.
8. Answers account verification requests. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
9. Answer and assist branches regarding processing exceptions and other deposit related questions. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
10. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
11. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed as needed.
12. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school or GED, plus specialized schooling and/or on the job education in a specific skill area; e.g. data processing, clerical/administrative, equipment operation, etc, plus 4 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read a limited number of words and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers; Ability to write and speak simple sentences as a means for basic communication.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers. Ability to perform these mathematical skills using money and other forms of measurement.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to use common sense understanding in order to carry out simple multi-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with limited variables.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Basic: 10-Key, Alphanumeric Data Entry, Contact Management, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Periodically exposed to such elements as noise, intermittent standing, walking, occasionally pushing, carrying, or lifting; but none are present to the extent of being disagreeable.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Highly repetitive, low physical. Highly repetitive type of work which requires concentration in the performance of tasks for consistent time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk or hear; occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Keen eye for details.
Ability to handle pressure due to deadline restraints.
Must have excellent multi-tasking capabilities.
Must have the ability to prioritize workflow.
Paid holidays and vacation
• Home BancShares, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.