- Company: Centennial Bank
- Updated: 11/8/2019
- Location: Conway, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Depends on Experience
- Job Level: 5-10 Years Experience
- Region: Central, Northwest
- Category: Accounting/Bookkeeping
For more information and/or to apply, please visit our career site at:
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Duties include but are not limited to those outlined below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist with the improvement of existing finance and accounting procedures to ensure all controls are properly in place. This duty is performed as needed.
2. Prepare reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts, including cash and due from banks, investments, loans, prepaid assets, other miscellaneous assets, deposits, borrowings, accrued expenses, other liabilities, equity, and various income statement accounts. This duty is performed monthly.
3. Perform various month end entries for bank and non-bank subsidiaries to assist with the monthly closing of the books. This duty is performed monthly.
4. Prepare board reports. This duty is performed monthly.
5. Prepare the quarterly call report and other regulatory filings. This duty is performed quarterly.
6. Prepare monthly self-examination report. This duty is performed monthly.
7. Coordinate all internal and external audit requests from auditors and examiners. This duty is performed as needed.
8. Process internal allocations for back office departments. This duty is performed monthly.
9. Assist with bank acquisitions, mergers, and conversions when necessary. This duty is performed as needed.
10. Enter and verify interest rate changes made in the core processing system. This duty is performed daily.
11. Prepare and review Sales Tax returns. This duty is performed monthly.
12. Analytically review monthly income statement and be able to explain variances. This duty is performed monthly.
13. Prepare Fringe Benefit information for HR for W-2 inclusion. This duty is performed annually.
14. Calculate various commissions payable. This duty is performed monthly.
15. Review various processes for accuracy, adherence to policies and completeness. This duty is performed monthly.
16. Implement and coordinate processes to update and test controls within the department's applicable Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) narratives. This duty is performed quarterly.
17. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. This duty is performed as needed.
18. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed annually.
19. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
20. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 5 years related experience and/or training, and 5 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to utilize common sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several known variables in situations of a routine nature.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: 10-Key, Alphanumeric Data Entry, Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Normal working conditions as found within an office setting, wherein there is controlled temperature and a low noise level, plus a minimum of distractions.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; regularly required to reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Paid holidays and vacation
• Home BancShares, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.