- Company: Centennial Bank
- Updated: 11/8/2019
- Location: Conway, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Depends on Experience
- Job Level: 5-10 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Accounting/Bookkeeping
For more information and/or to apply, please visit our career site at:
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Accounting Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the Accounts Payable (AP) function and ensure the AP area has appropriate quality control processes. This position will also perform normal accounting functions within the Finance department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supervise the Accounts Payable function within the Finance Department. This duty is performed daily.
2. Develop quality control processes within the Accounts Payable function. This duty is performed daily.
3. Assist with the improvement of existing finance and accounting procedures to ensure all controls are properly in place. This duty is performed as needed.
4. Prepare regulatory reports, including quarterly call report, summary of deposits, etc. This duty is performed as needed.
5. Perform quality control functions within the finance department (e.g., reviewing GL entries and supporting documentation). This duty is performed as needed.
6. Review weekly reconciliations as needed in backup function. This duty is performed as needed.
7. Prepare reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts, including cash and due from banks, investments, loans, prepaid assets, other miscellaneous assets, deposits, borrowings, accrued expenses, other liabilities, equity and various income statement accounts. This duty is performed monthly.
8. Assist with the gathering of financial information for auditors and examiners. This duty is performed as needed.
9. Analytically review monthly income statement and be able to explain variances. This duty is performed monthly.
10. Perform AP staff performance reviews. This duty is performed annually.
11. Assist with bank acquisitions, mergers and conversions. This duty is performed as needed.
12. Assist with special projects. This duty is performed as needed.
13. Develop process for tracking statistics within the Accounts Payable area (e.g., number of invoices paid per AP employee). This duty is performed as needed.
14. Review new vendors added in the BankTEL system prior to payments processing.
15. Review balance sheet and/or income statement fluctuation explanations for Board reporting.
16. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed annually.
17. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner. This duty is performed daily.
18. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 7 years related experience and/or training, and 3 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Advanced: Accounting, Spreadsheet
Basic: 10-Key, Alphanumeric Data Entry, Word Processing/Typing
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions. Continuously exposed to one or two elements such as noise, intermittent standing, walking; and occasional pushing, carrying, or lifting.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Highly repetitive, low physical. Highly repetitive type of work which requires concentration in the performance of tasks for consistent time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; frequently required to walk, sit; and occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and Word required.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to work under stringent time constraints relating month, quarter and year ends.
Ability to lift 25 pounds.
The work schedule is generally Monday - Friday 8:00 am through 5:00 with occasional overtime required, including weekends.
Paid holidays and vacation
• Home BancShares, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.