Corporate Staff Accountant
- Company: Centennial Bank
- Updated: 11/18/2019
- Location: Conway, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Depends on Experience
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Accounting/Bookkeeping, Banking/Finance
For more information and/or to apply, please visit our career site at:
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Corporate Staff Accountant prepares various corporate reports to be filed with the SEC and assists with the preparation of the Company's internal and external financial reporting. The position is also responsible for assisting the Corporate Accountant with the Company's stock option and restricted stock programs. This requires basic tax knowledge to help the Corporate Accountant answer questions from HOMB directors and employees with respect to stock awards. The employee will regularly prepare quality financial reports and investor presentations (under the supervision of the Corporate Accountant) for the Company's executive management team. In addition, the employee will be tasked with administrative duties as needed.
Most of the duties are performed on a quarterly or irregular basis and become public information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist with the preparation of SEC filings such as forms 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K, DEF 14A, 11-K, etc. Will also assist with iXBRL reporting. This duty is performed as needed, about 20% of the time.
2. Assist with the completion of executive compensation disclosures and tables required for the annual proxy statement. This duty is performed annually.
3. Prepare financial statements, analysis and detailed monthly & quarterly reporting including detailed and organized workpapers and supporting documentation for auditors. This duty is performed as needed, about 15% of the time.
4. Assist with the preparation of quarterly earnings press releases and other press releases as needed. This duty is performed as needed, about 10% of the time.
5. Complete daily accounting including account reconciliations and general ledger month-end close for the holding company. Also, assist with the preparation of monthly consolidated financial results. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
6. Assist with corporate consolidation, eliminations and mapping. This duty is performed as needed, about 5% of the time.
7. Act as the corporate stock award secretary. This duty is performed as needed, about 15% of the time.
8. Assist with the preparation of SEC Form 3, 4 and 5 filings for directors and corporate officers. This duty is performed as needed, about 5% of the time.
9. Assist with preparation of investor presentations for the executive management team. This duty is performed as needed, about 8% of the time.
10. Field and research shareholder questions. This duty is performed as needed, about 7% of the time.
11. Complete special projects as assigned by management. This duty is performed as needed, about 5% of the time.
12. Comply with internal controls, policies & procedures. This duty is performed daily.
13. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner. This duty is performed daily.
14. Complete required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed as needed.
15. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Technical degree required in such disciplines as Computer Engineering, CPA, etc, plus 4 years related experience and/or training, and 7 to 11 months related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read a limited number of words and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers; Ability to write and speak simple sentences as a means for basic communication. Ability to read and understand simple instructions, short correspondence, notes, letters and memos; Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization. Ability to read, analyze, and understand general business/company related articles and professional journals; Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to read, analyze, and understand common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; Ability to respond to complex or difficult inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format; Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to read, analyze, and understand the most complex documents; Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints; Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style; Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane, algebra, solid geometry and trigonometry.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Mastery: 10-Key, Spreadsheet
Advanced: Accounting, Presentation/PowerPoint, Word Processing/Typing
Periodically exposed to such elements as noise, intermittent standing, walking, occasionally pushing, carrying, or lifting; but none are present to the extent of being disagreeable.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk or hear; occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
•Experience in public accounting and SEC reporting or corporate finance with a public company is an added plus for this position.
•Proficient in financial accounting, including a working knowledge of US GAAP.
•Excellent written and oral communication skills.
•Proficient with standard suite of Microsoft Office applications, including basic skills in Word and PowerPoint and intermediate skills in Excel.
•Ability to review various data generated reports within the financial institution, including data processing and accounting reports while keeping all such information confidential.
•Ability to work in a team environment. Must possess strong interpersonal skills and possess communication skills at all levels within the organization.
•Mature professional with sound judgment and interpersonal skills.
•Possess strong organizational skills.
•Ability to respond quickly to management requests.
•Ability to perform under pressure and stress and to adjust plans to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize diverse tasks and meet deadlines.
Paid holidays and vacation
• Home BancShares, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.