Chair –Department of Business Administration
- Company: University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
- Updated: 11/22/2019
- Location: Pine Bluff
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: $85,000.00
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Southeast
- Category: Education, Professional
Type: Full Time - Exempt
Reports to: Dean, School of Business and Management
The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff (uapb.edu) is accepting applications for the position of Chair, Department of Business Administration. The Chair is the administrative leader for the Department of Business Administration and is responsible for leading the faculty and staff. In addition, the Chair insures that the production of teaching, research and service remains at optimal levels.
Appointment: Twelve month position
Qualifications: • Academic credentials to include an earned terminal doctoral degree from a recognized regionally accredited institution in a discipline of Business; proven leadership experience in a public higher education institution with demonstrated administrative success; A distinguished record in teaching, research, and service that merits appointment as an associate or full professor; Experience with instructing, advising and/or employing both undergraduate and graduate students; Strong budget skills and experience allocating and re-allocating limited resources to fulfill the priorities of the department; Commitment to diversity at all levels; Commitment to a culture of shared governance; Experience with innovative practices and professional development opportunities that will enable faculty and staff to become more effective educators; A commitment to working effectively with administrators, staff, faculty, and other stakeholders in communicating the mission of the Department. An understanding and appreciation of the university’s history and mission—and can move the department forward through expanding academic program offerings and fostering a culture of academic excellence consistent with the goals of the School of Business’s strategic plan.
Duties and Responsibilities: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under delegated authority of the Dean of Academic Programs, manage operational aspects of assigned functions including budget development and management, personnel oversight, and development and monitoring of policies, procedures and standards and key metrics for strategic plan.
• Manage processes related to curriculum development and assessment, including, review and approval of annual Program Assessment Reports; management of accreditation/approval processes in the school; and providing support for curricular revision.
• Teach 2 courses a semester or the equivalent, within compensation to ensure quality of program and student learning experience. Models excellence in teaching, research and service, and fosters student development.
• Establish and grow partnerships with external constituent groups. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
• Seeking partnerships and strategic alliances with other organizations and colleges that offer potential linkages and opportunities for program expansion and development;
• Marketing programs throughout the immediate community including participation in professional organizations when appropriate;
• Represent the Department and attend meetings related to Department activities and serve on the University’s assigned committees.
• Interview, hire, assess, and train employees including Administrative Assistants; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems.
• Participate with the Dean of School of Business in the evaluation, salary determination, and performance appraisals of personnel within the Department.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Dean of the School of Business and Management.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with UAPB policies.
The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff (UAPB) is a state land-grant institution with historically black colleges and universities (HBCU) heritage. It was founded in 1873 and is the second oldest public institution of higher education in Arkansas, one of only two with a land-grant mission, and state’s only public historically black college or university. Today, UAPB is a member of the University of Arkansas System and is governed by a Board of Trustees. The UA System provides communities in Arkansas with access to academic and professional opportunities, develops intellectual growth and cultural awareness in its students, and applies knowledge and research skills to an ever-changing human condition. The system enrolls more than 70,000 students, employs over 17,000 employees, and has a total budget of over $2 billion. UAPB offers one Ph.D. degree, nine master's degrees, and 30 baccalaureate degree programs through five schools/colleges: the School of Education, the School of Arts and Sciences, the School of Business and Management, the School of Agriculture, Fisheries and Human Sciences, and the University College. Three non-degree programs/divisions complete this academic structure: the Carolyn F. Blakely Honors College, Graduate and Continuing Education, and Military Science. Since inception, the University has grown in stature as a center for teaching, research and public service. The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
UAPB has a tremendous legacy and history, and an even brighter future. The institution has a proud history of serving a diverse student body, including many first generation students. A new campus master plan has been developed and features numerous enhancement and upgrade projects as well as a number of key new facility opportunities. Priority facilities for the near term include new residence halls, a new student center/wellness center, new nanoscience and biotechnology space, and new athletic facilities for track and field and soccer. The student body consists of over 2,600 students from more than 42 states and 16 countries. UAPB features a 15-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio and encourages a learning environment with strong interaction between students and faculty. UAPB employs 158 fulltime and 48 adjunct faculty, and its full complement of faculty and staff includes more than 650 full-time employees, making it a leading economic engine in the region. Located in the Arkansas Delta, the University is positioned 40 miles southeast of Little Rock, Arkansas in Pine Bluff with a population of approximately 45,000.
Application Procedure: Applicants should submit a letter of application, vita, a copy of transcripts from all higher learning institutions (official transcripts required for employment), and contact information for three professional references to:
Chair, Search Committee
Chair, Department of Business Administration
School of Business and Management
c/o: Human Resources Department
University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
1200 N. University Drive
Mail Slot #4942
Pine Bluff, Arkansas 71601
Application packages may be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: Opened until filled.
“UAPB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and participates in E-verify.”
Posted: Adl 11/20/19