- Company: University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
- Updated: 1/6/2020
- Location: Pine Bluff
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: $68,706.00
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Southeast
- Category: Education, Professional
Type: Full Time -- Exempt
Reports to: Provost/Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff (uapb.edu) is accepting applications for the position of registrar. The registrar leads the office of student records. The Registrar provides leadership for the management and security of all academic records and registration functions of the University. The Registrar manages the compilation, maintenance and security of permanent academic records of all students; manages the registration of the students of the university, student enrollment and class scheduling; initiates, manages, and monitors the development and implementation of academic information systems; coordinates the reporting of academic information internally and externally; and assures that academic policies are upheld through appropriate records and registration procedures, recommending new or enhanced policies to faculty, and developing and implementing procedures that support the policies.
The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff is a state supported 1890 land grant HBCU with a diverse student population, competitive degree offerings and stellar faculty. It is located 44 miles south of Little Rock, the state capitol of Arkansas.
Appointment: Twelve-month position
Qualifications: The successful candidate must possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years work related experience.
Responsibilities: The registrar will:
• Maintains the integrity of student academic records.
• Manage the implementation of system enhancements (ex. Degree audit and conversions, as applicable).
• Lead further development of system enhancements such as faculty access to student records, web-based information and end-user reporting tools.
• Web-based catalogue and curriculum updates and maintenance.
• Direct and maintain registration and records policies and procedures and decision-making for developing procedures and coordinating policies.
• Accountable for assuring compliance with institutional and federal mandates (FERPA) for the handling of academic records for the University.
• Consult with deans, department chairs and faculty concerning policies and procedures for records and registration operations.
• Direct the receipt and recording of grades assigned by faculty; the maintenance of permanent records and preparation and issue of grade reports and transcripts.
• Direct enrollment verification and certification.
• Plan and direct academic schedule and student registration.
• Accountable for soliciting academic schedule from school deans and establishing a schedule that will work for student class registration. Accountable for student satisfaction with registration procedures and accountable for uniformity of registration and records procedures for all schools of the University.
• Establish policy, procedures and directives for registration process, including section requirements and controls.
• Provide materials (forms, instructions, etc.) necessary for registration, including maintenance of the registration calendar, academic calendar, files and appropriate system tables.
• Direct preparation of course schedule.
• Manage the staff and resources of the Registrar's Office.
• Accountable for staff performance. Make principal decisions for selecting staff. Accountable for departmental budget, classroom inventory including furniture and technology.
• Prepare and monitor budget for Registrar's Office.
• Solicit institutional budget requests for classroom technology, furniture and enhancements.
Hire staff, conduct annual performance reviews, make recommendations on staff promotions regarding upgrades or changes.
• Direct and manage degree audit, commencement, course scheduling and classroom assignments, maintenance of college catalogs and curriculum management.
• Accountable for proper certification of graduates.
• Direct the senior year degree completion audit.
• Direct preparation for Commencement relative to diploma ordering, graduation lists, Commencement guide and organizing of ceremony line-up.
• Participate in campus committees and meetings.
• Contribute to problem-solving and decision-making with faculty, colleagues and senior staff.
• Committee work includes Graduate, Undergraduate and Core Curriculum committees, search committees, Academic Progress, Master Plan, Academic Calendar, Scheduling, ERP, and ad-hoc committees as required or assigned.
• Directs and coordinates academic data reporting to support processes and decision-making.
• Accountable for reporting selected academic data to internal and external constituents, in concert with guidelines of Institutional Research policy.
• Prepare or direct the preparation of analytical information on courses, class schedules, degree progress for comparative analysis and process monitoring.
• Assist in data preparation with Institutional Research as needed for internal and external reporting.
• Other duties as assigned by the Provost and VCAA
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job: Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time, ability to lift, at times, 5 lbs., and have good eye/hand dexterity; and minimum of a 40-hour work week as determined with the supervisor to allow the employee to fulfill assigned duties and responsibilities, including evening and weekend hours.
Application Procedure: Applicants should submit a letter of application, vita, a copy of transcripts from all higher learning institutions (official transcripts required for employment), and contact information for five professional references to:
c/o: Human Resources Department
University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
1200 N. University Drive
Mail Slot #4942
Pine Bluff, Arkansas 71601
Application Deadline: Opened until filled.
“UAPB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and participates in E-Verify”
Posted: Adl 11/21/19