Area Team Leader
- Company: Safran Electrical & Power
- Updated: 1/7/2020
- Location: Little Rock, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: Middle Management
- Region: Southwest
- Category: Manufacturing
At Safran Electrical & Power, we're all about trust: the trust employees place in the Safran Group and the trust customers place in us. We trust our employees to bring bold ideas to build the future of aerospace together. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry as we build smarter electrical solutions for a better flight, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
• Supervises and coordinates work activities of operations leads and technicians
• Ensures the manufacture of completed units by overseeing activities such as:
• Assembly of components into subassemblies;
• Installation of systems (mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic) that are fastened with screws, bolts, rivets, solder, crimping or swaging, connectors, or adhesives;
• Implement modification, kits to the electrical bundles on or off the aircraft/section
• Testing with mechanical, electrical, and electronic test equipment. Interfaces with engineering, management, suppliers, and customers to meet product requirements and customer acceptance.
• Performs responsibilities requiring integration of disciplines from more than one job family with the manufacturing occupation
• Applies independent, specialized, technical expertise to support a wide range of business objectives
• Activities include, but are not limited to; the development, integration, implementation, or execution of multifamily business processes and programs
• Works cross-functionally with company organizations, customers, suppliers, and employees to carry out responsibilities
• Interfaces directly with customers and all manufacturing organizations.
• Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture
• Regular, predictable attendance is required
• Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note for level:
Basic: Incumbent is able to use their knowledge/skill with support by more experienced individuals.
Advanced: Incumbent is able to independently use their knowledge/skill.
Expert: Incumbent is able to train others on their knowledge/skill.
Education and/or Experience
• Three or more years of supervisory or lead experience required
• Bachelor's degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Aircraft maintenance experience a plus
• Must have demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Ability to direct leads and other team members
• Ability to travel and work alternative work schedules
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos
• Ability to write correspondence
• Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization as well as customers
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must obtain certification by the internal training department for each assembly process performed on the program
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify,
national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 316-305-1350. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Highlights from our facility:
Known for its hearty history throughout the city, Little Rock is growing and thriving with many outdoor activities offered such as hiking or boating. If you prefer to be indoors, check out the Arkansas Arts Center, the Arkansas Symphony Orchestra, or the array of restaurants downtown seated on the Arkansas River. Our site offers a welcome and friendly work environment of roughly 30 employees who are eager to continue growing and learning more about the aviation industry each day.