Community Relations Manager
- Company: Illinois River Watershed Partnership
- Updated: 1/9/2020
- Location: Cave Springs
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Northwest
- Category: Nonprofits
Illinois River Watershed Partnership’s (IRWP’s) mission is to improve the integrity of the Illinois River through public education and community outreach, watershed assessment, and implementation of conservation and restoration projects. Working closely with the Executive Director and members of the IRWP team, we are seeking a dedicated, knowledgeable person to develop and implement communications and marketing strategies for the organization. IRWP seeks an individual who is committed to improving the environment and views people, land use and water resources as important to the history, culture, ecology, economics, and future of Northwest Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma.
1. Develop marketing and communications tools that align with IRWP’s 2022 Strategic Plan.
2. Establish a strong brand image in alignment with our mission and values.
3. Build messaging programs that promote cohesion internally and consistent communications externally.
4. Work with IRWP’s staff, Board of Directors, and volunteers to create brand ambassadors.
5. Coordinate, promote, and implement programs that inspire social change for water quality improvement.
• Identify compelling messaging for IRWP stakeholders and landowners.
• Streamline, manage, and build IRWP’s communications messaging and tools to include online, social, electronic, print, and televised media.
• Promote awareness and enrollment of landowners into state and federal conservation programs, as well as IRWP’s Riparian Restoration Program.
• Work to build relationships between IRWP staff and its Board members with volunteers, sponsors, and stakeholders.
Event Planning Responsibilities
• Coordinate educational programs with stakeholder groups to include agriculture, business, conservation, construction, government and technical/research fields.
• Assist in coordination of special events and programs for public audiences.
• Interact with public and make presentations to schools, churches, municipalities, groups of individuals or other organizations.
• Demonstrate continuous effort to improve education and outreach efforts and work cooperatively with sponsoring organizations and funding partners.
Data Collection and Evaluation
• Develop measurement criteria and analyze results to determine effectiveness of messaging and programming.
• Ensure that IRWP’s programs are thoughtful, strategic, and help community members move from awareness and appreciation to knowledge and action.
• Adhere to IRWP budgets and reporting requirements.
• Assist Executive Director with solicitation of funding, including grant writing, major donor cultivation, and promotion of individual donor program.
• Assist with maintenance and operations of IRWP’s Learning Center and Watershed Sanctuary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum Requirements: The candidate will have:
• A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 2 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Experience coordinating projects, workshops, and events;
• Knowledge of graphic design, design software, and online communications platforms;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
• The ability to be organized, flexible, self-directed, and adopt a collaborative approach to working in a dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience implementing theories of social change, marketing best practices, and/or public relations,;
• Knowledge of native ecosystems of Northwest Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma and watershed systems and practices; and
• The ability to identify parameters of success and analyze, interpret, and report on program outcomes.
Requires willingness and ability to work in multiple settings i.e. outdoors in various weather conditions, physical ability to demonstrate basic essential and marginal functions depending upon work location and diversity of groups.
Willingness to work some evenings and Saturdays as deemed necessary to accommodate the public.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Nicole Hardiman at email@example.com.