- Company: Little Rock Wastewater
- Updated: 2/11/2020
- Location: Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: $25.71 per hour
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Clerical/Administrative
Applications ONLY accepted online at governmentjobs.com/careers/lrwra
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
This position provides responsible, confidential, and complex administrative and secretarial support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Operating Officer (COO), Chief Legal Officer (CLO), and Chief Financial Officer (CFO); coordinates all administrative support activities, and performs other work as assigned. This position requires independent planning and implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serves as the executive administrative assistant to CEO, COO, CLO and CFO.
• Provides periodic administrative support to LRWRA directors, as necessary.
• Performs routine to complex administrative and secretarial work for executive staff, including but not limited to scheduling appointments and maintaining calendar, establishing and maintain confidential and miscellaneous files, compiling data for reports, maintaining databases, etc.
• Oversees financial transactions for the CEO, COO, CLO and CFO including post-travel receipts/documentation, purchase requisitions, etc.
• Makes travel arrangements for the CEO, COO, CLO and CFO, and other individuals as assigned; receives, reconciles, and processes all travel-related documentation and submits to the accounting department; ensures travel is processed in compliance with all travel policies and procedures.
• Generates documents and handles correspondence, including correspondence to employees, pertaining to employee garnishments. Drafts Garnishment Responses for review by Chief Legal officer.
• Handles logistical matters pertaining to organization and implementation of monthly LRWRC meetings including preparation of meeting room, meeting agenda, and meeting documentation.
• Ensures schedules are met by other departments in submitting LRWRC meeting agenda items and documentation; prepares meeting minutes; and maintains records of LRWRC actions.
• Utilizes Granicus or equivalent program to generate LRWRC agendas.
• Prepares weekly staff and LRWRC agendas and agenda packets.
• Completes special projects as assigned.
• Prepares, types, processes, proofreads, copies, files and/or distributes various records, forms, reports, memos and correspondence; and independently responds to correspondence of a routine nature.
• Performs various routine clerical duties as required, including but not limited to entering and retrieving computer data, copying documents, filing/retrieving files, sending and receiving faxes and emails, assembling and collating documents, ordering supplies, processing daily mail.
• Answers the telephone; provides information to callers as able/requested; screens calls and/or forwards calls to appropriate staff persons.
• Greets and assists office visitors for the CEO, COO, CLO, and CFO.
• Receives and responds to inquiries, requests for assistance and/or complaints in areas of responsibility.
• Coordinates activities with other LRWRA divisions, outside agencies, and the public.
• Acts in a positive and responsive manner with the general public in all interactions on behalf of the CEO, COO, CLO and CFO.
• Follows safety practices and guidelines at all times.
• Follows established work procedures and practices.
• Undertakes any reasonable request within capabilities that is for the good of the Utility.
• Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Requires Associate's degree or education and training equivalent to two years of college education in secretarial science, office management, business administration, or closely related field.
• Requires a minimum of five years of experience in administrative support to include one to two years of support to Executive-level staff, or working for multiple individuals or departments.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of hard copy and computer filing and record-keeping systems.
• Knowledge and use of professional business correspondence, writing, and terminology.
• Knowledge and skill in correct English grammar, spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
• Knowledge and skill in professional business correspondence, writing and terminology.
• Knowledge of computer fundamentals and business software, including database, spreadsheet and word processing software.
• Skill in operating standard office equipment.
• Ability to coordinate and determine time, place or sequence of operations or activities based on analysis of data or information and may implement and report on operations and activities.
• Ability to work cooperatively and maintain harmonious relations with employees in various departments across LRWRA.
• Ability to compile data, analyze and interpret research findings.
• Ability to electronically record and subsequently prepare accurate meeting minutes.
• Ability to read, learn, and apply LRWRA policies and procedures.
• Ability to compile information and prepare narrative and statistical reports.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to adapt to change and a fast-paced, multi-faceted work environment.
• Ability to be flexible, handle diversified assignments, and assist with special projects.
• Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups both orally and in writing.
• Maintain a valid Arkansas driver's license.
This position has been evaluated as to whether a momentary lapse of attention may result in grave and immediate danger to the employee, coworkers, or the public. If the designation is yes, the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Act (AMMA) of 2016 will govern working conditions. If no, the AMMA will not apply to the position.
This position has been evaluated as to the mandated wearing of a company uniform during working hours.