Vice Chancellor for Student Services
- Company: Southern Arkansas University Tech
- Updated: 3/12/2020
- Location: Camden
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Based on qualifications and experience
- Job Level: Executive Management
- Region: Southwest
- Category: Education, Management
The Vice Chancellor for Student Services is the chief student services officer of the College and reports directly to the Chancellor. The Vice Chancellor for Student Services has overall responsibility for providing leadership, management, and supervision for student services programs, student services
personnel, student financial aid, recruiting, enrollment management, student life and housing, athletic programs, working to respond to student needs, and fostering institutional development.
All SAU Tech employees are expected to demonstrate excellence in interpersonal behaviors and be
committed to effective collaboration with colleagues. Joining the SAU Tech family requires a commitment to our culture of Continuous Quality Improvement.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Provides leadership for ensuring that the College provides a comprehensive array of student services, student development programs focused on student success, and enrollment management programs, including, but not limited to: admissions, counseling, advising, recruiting, registration and records, student discipline, student activities, athletics, intramural programs, student advocacy, services for students with special needs, cultural activities, and other student support services and programs.
• Plans, designs, develops and delivers district-wide student programs and services that implement the goals of the College; provides leadership for evaluating and ensuring quality in all aspects of the College's student services, student development and enrollment management programs and staff.
• Recommends, develops and implements student services policies, procedures and practices which foster and promote student learning and student success, and which support the educational programs of the College; recommends organizational structures, personnel and resources to ensure a student-centered / learner-centered environment at all levels; represent the College to various external entities and with outside agencies in matters relating to the
College's student services and with outside agencies in matters relating to the College's student services.
• Develops, fosters and promotes new opportunities for partnerships with public and private sector entities; provides leadership for establishing multi-year tactical and annual operational goals designed to implement the strategic goals for the College Chancellor; assumes responsibility for other College affairs and matters at the discretion of the College Chancellor.
• Provides leadership and guidance for the recruitment of students; actively recruits for the College and works to promote student success.
• Assumes leadership and responsibility for establishing an environment which promotes respect for students, faculty, and staff and recognizes initiative and excellence.
• Prepares appropriate reports; analyzes and evaluates enrollment data; projects student enrollment data to be used in strategic decision making.
• Provides leadership for direction for directing college-wide activities related to student due process/judicial proceedings, including but not limited to: writing appropriate policies and procedures and conducting investigations and hearing on student judicial matters.
• Provides leadership in maintaining a student- and learner-centered philosophy and focus for student services initiatives with a clear focus on successful student outcomes including;
• Provides leadership and oversees the application of the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure all students have equal access to services.
• Maintains continuous evaluation of the economic feasibility of student services to insure that only those programs with appropriate priority in terms of need and demand are continued.
Participates in and supervises the preparation and recommendation of detailed budgets, with cost estimates, for functions supervised. Establishes and maintains budgetary control of functions supervised.
• Provides leadership and guidance in all aspects of the athletic programs including but not limited to: hiring of personnel, scheduling, promoting, and attending events, resolving administrative issues, budgeting, and keeping up-to-date on NJCAA policies and procedures
• Supports College activities and special events through attendance and/or participation.
• Communicates an accurate image of the College to the public. Is a positive and active representative of the College and is available to address impromptu situations involving the College during non-traditional work hours.
• Maintains confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding students, supervisors or other employees.
• Contributes to a safe education and working environment by participating in all drills and training and being prepared to take action should a health or safety emergency occur.
• Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
• Master's Degree
• Higher Education experience preferred.
• Athletic Director Responsibilities, preferred, based on candidates qualification and experience.
• Experience with NJCAA policy and procedures, preferred.
• Ability to meet a flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends.
• Background check required.
Letters of recommendation
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE