Third Party Governance Specialist
- Company: Centennial Bank
- Updated: 3/12/2020
- Location: Conway
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Depends on Experience
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Central
- Category: Banking/Finance, Professional
For more information and/or to apply, please visit our career site at:
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION This position assists in administering the technology and workflows associated with Vendor and Contract Management. They assist as a point of contact for the Third Party Governance Department and will liaison with designated departments, vendors, training, and other support staff to ensure the highest level of service and availability in a fast-paced, constantly growing financial institution. This position must be motivated, meticulous and practical as well as have experience in administrative support. They must maintain confidentiality, professionalism, a helpful attitude and be able to work with a wide variety of people from external stakeholders to executives. Analytical and critical thinking skills, particularly related vendors, contracts, vendor-related bank actions as well as advanced office technology skills, such as PC, databases and spreadsheet software are required. Experience in operations, risk management, vendor management and analytics is desired. Helps to organize and facilitate the work among departmental employees, as well as provides specialized support to the Vendor and Contract Management workers. They are responsible for maintaining databases, creating reports, writing letters, maintaining the office, securing travel arrangements, performing some clerical duties, and completing other general activities as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides expertise and user support necessary for day-to-day administration and maintenance of the Third Party Governance process and procedures. This duty is performed daily, about 40% of the time.
2. Assists Contract Management personnel with document review, organization, and tracking. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
3. Documents and maintains all processes and procedures for assigned applications. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
4. Builds and maintains relationships with vendor support and other vendor personnel. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
5. Recommends system and process changes based on knowledge of vendor capabilities and business needs. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
6. Works directly with departments to ensure the vendor process is efficient and to understand business needs. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
7. Provides support to integrate and implement vendor products and services. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
8. Works with the Lines of Business, such as Retail, Deposits, Lending, Credit, Audit, Mortgage, Back Office, eBanking, Compliance, etc., to implement and maintain standards for vendors. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
9. Successfully completes vendor provided training. This duty is performed as needed.
10. Willingness to take classes and certify in job role competencies. This duty is performed as needed.
11. Works in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner. This duty is performed daily.
12. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed annually.
13. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 2 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS Ability to read a limited number of words and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers; Ability to write and speak simple sentences as a means for basic communication. Ability to read and understand simple instructions, short correspondence, notes, letters and memos; Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization. Ability to read, analyze, and understand general business/company related articles and professional journals; Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to read, analyze, and understand common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; Ability to respond to complex or difficult inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to prepare and interpret bar graphs.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Not indicated.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Not indicated.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED Intermediate: Contact Management, Database, Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing Basic: 10-Key, Accounting, Alphanumeric Data Entry
WORKING CONDITIONS Normal working conditions as found within an office setting, wherein there is controlled temperature and a low noise level, plus a minimum of distractions.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations. High diversity, low physical. Work activities which allow for considerable amount of diversity as an incumbent performs a variety of tasks. Such tasks might be performed from a given work area, or the individual may move about physically in performing a variety of duties. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; occasionally required to stand, walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Not indicated.
Paid holidays and vacation
• Home BancShares, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.