Communications Center Manager (911 Emergency) @ City of Little Rock!
- Company: City of Little Rock
- Updated: 5/28/2020
- Location: Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: $52,889.00 - $81,449.00 Annually
- Job Level: 10+ Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Law Enforcement/Security
Apply online at LRJobs.net
*** PLEASE DO NOT apply on the Arkansas Business website***
We only review applications submitted through our website LRJobs.net
*** This position closes when filled****
JOB OBJECTIVE: To plan, direct, and perform technical tasks in the administration and management of the twenty-four hour, seven day (24/7) day to day operations of the 911 Communications Center, to include oversight of the computer-aided dispatch system, development and implementation of policies, procedures and employee training programs.
Please visit LRJobs.net to access the complete job description, including the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications and Additional Requirements:
The knowledge, skills, and abilities are usually, although not always, acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Communications, Education, Public Administration, Public Safety, or related fields; ten (10) years of technical-level experience in Public Safety emergency dispatch and call taking operations to include a minimum of five (5) years of managerial-level experience in a 911 Emergency Communications Center (preferably from an accredited 911 Emergency Communications Center) in a large metropolitan City/County serving a population of 150,000 or more; and a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience supervising professional and technical-level employees. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
• Must possess a valid Arkansas Class D (Non-Commercial Vehicle) Driver's License before employment and maintain licensure for the duration of employment in this position.
• Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays and willing to be on-call to respond to emergency incidents as needed.
• Must possess certification as a Communications Training Officer, Instructor with the Association of Public Safety Communications Officials (APCO) within one (1) year of employment and maintain certification for the duration of employment in this position.
• Must possess Public Safety Telecommunicator certification from the Association of Public Safety Communications Officials (APCO) within one (1) year of employment and maintain certification for the duration of employment in this position.
• Must possess valid Arkansas Crime Information Center (ACIC)/National Crime Information Center (NCIC) Level 1, Basic Terminal Operator, and Level 2, Advanced Operator, certifications within six (6) months of employment in this position and maintain certifications for the duration of employment in this position.
• Online applications only
• Applicant's answers to supplemental questions will be used to screen for minimum qualifications electronically.
• List of qualified applicants will be considered active for up to six (6) months and may be used to fill future openings with same or similar minimum qualifications.
• All communication regarding application status will be sent to candidates via email address listed on account
• Applicants may check application status for any position by logging into their account at lrjobs.net or contacting Human Resources at (501) 371-4590 if they are having computer difficulties.
• We will screen and interview candidates throughout the posting period. This position is subject to close with or without notice.