- Company: Hot Springs Village POA
- Updated: 9/4/2020
- Location: Hot Springs Village
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Category: Accounting/Bookkeeping
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reports To: Controller
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pay Grade: 09
Approved By: Controller
Approved Date: 07/13/2020
Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of financial transactions, creating and preparing accurate Financial and Management reports, and identifying and developing new or enhanced work processes, systems, and reports that support both external and internal stakeholders while adhering to GAAP accounting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Establishes and monitors daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual procedures that facilitate accurate and timely internal and external financial reporting
2. Analyze transactions for accuracy and authorization.
3. Reviews and posts all GL batches and individual journal entry transactions.
4. Ensures all subsidiary ledgers reconcile with general ledger balances.
5. Directs accounting procedures, including banking and liability reconciliations, that line up with month end and year end close and reporting timelines and maintains adherence to GAAP accounting.
6. Monitors daily cash position, ensuring appropriate bank balances.
7. Oversees the completion of monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts prior to issuing financial statements.
8. Create and prepare monthly financial reports, automate and streamline where possible.
9. Develop, maintain and archive ad-hoc financial reports, charts, tables, and other exhibits.
10. Maintains fixed asset and depreciation transactions in coordination with Fixed Asset Coordinator.
11. Maintains accurate property and member database inside Total E; assists Communications
Manager, Real Estate Broker and other with ensuring the most accurate and comprehensive
contact information is available across all databases.
12. Oversees annual fee updates, amenity renewals and work pass renewals.
13. Assists with year-end audit.
14. Assists with accounting process evaluation and makes recommendations for system and process improvements.
15. Work with key department personnel to resolve reporting needs; providing solutions for
supervisors, Directors, and executive staff to monitor controls and make informed business decisions.
16. Train management and other staff how to access and interpret reports from multiple
17. reporting sources.
18. Sets work ethic example through regular and responsible attendance, in accordance with projects and financial close needs.
19. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or a related field is desired. A minimum 5 years general business, accounting and office experience and 3 years supervisory experience. Excellent data entry skills and intermediate MS Word and MS Excel knowledge. Experience with Dynamics GP or other general ledger software.
Language Skills Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to communicate accounting guidelines clearly to both accounting and non-accounting staff.
Ability to identify variances and trends with accounting transactions. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.