Mortgage Quality Control Coordinator
- Company: Centennial Bank
- Updated: 7/16/2021
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central, Northwest, Northeast
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Mortgage Quality Control Coordinator will ensure that the mortgage department is meeting all agency and investor requirements. They will also conduct testing and trend analysis in compliance with agency guidelines and identify areas of risk.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Conduct quality control testing according to applicable agency and regulatory guidelines. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
2. Perform trend analysis of third party QC reports and determine root cause of any issues. This duty is performed weekly, about 15% of the time.
3. Maintain mortgage policies and procedures to ensure compliance with agency and regulatory guidelines. This duty is performed weekly, about 20% of the time.
4. Assist with compiling information for all audit requests, both internal and external. This duty is performed monthly, about 30% of the time.
5. Maintain current knowledge of agency and regularly guidelines and help to disseminate changes to staff, up to and including training if necessary. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
6. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
7. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed annually.
8. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Knowledge of a specialized field (however acquired), such as basic accounting, computer, etc. Equivalent of four years in high school, plus night, trade extension, or correspondence school specialized training, equal to two years of college, plus 12 to 18 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane, algebra, solid geometry and trigonometry.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Advanced: Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Intermediate: Accounting, Contact Management
Basic: 10-Key, Database, Presentation/PowerPoint
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions. Continuously exposed to one or two elements such as noise, intermittent standing, walking; and occasional pushing, carrying, or lifting.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Highly repetitive, low physical. Highly repetitive type of work which requires concentration in the performance of tasks for consistent time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; regularly required to reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.