Director of Marketing & Public Relations
- Company: University of Arkansas at Monticello
- Updated: 10/20/2021
- Location: University of Arkansas at Monticello
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Southeast
- Category: Marketing
The University of Arkansas at Monticello (uamont.edu) is seeking applicants for a Director of Marketing and Public Relations. The Director of Marketing and Public Relations is charged with directing the external communications and marketing efforts for the University of Arkansas at Monticello, to include the main campus in Monticello as well as Colleges of Technology in Crossett and McGehee.
Responsibilities: Specific duties of the position include the following:
• Writing and disseminating all news releases and feature articles dealing with all facets of the university with the exception of intercollegiate athletics;
• Post news releases, features and photos to the UAM website and provide photos as needed for all areas of the website;
• Overseeing the design and writing all printed materials for off-campus audiences, including recruiting materials for the Office of Admissions, academic unit brochures, and fund-raising materials for the Office of Advancement;
• Design and creation of print, radio, digital and outdoor advertising;
• Working with outside vendors to create television and digital commercials;
• Writing, directing and editing videos spotlighting various events and individuals, including the Distinguished Alumnus;
• Administer and manage the UAM social media presence on both Facebook, Instragram, and Twitter;
• Design, write, and photograph UAM Magazine, published two times yearly as the official publication of the UAM Alumni Association;
• Take photos both on campus and at university-sponsored events off campus and maintaining a library of photographs for use with news releases and features as well as advertising and other printed materials;
• Advise senior administration officials regarding public relations opportunities, challenges and problems, working with the administration to manage crisis situations while serving as the university's voice to the media and public;
• Provide other assistance as needed regarding external communications and university-sponsored events;
• Create and execute UAM’s marketing plan; and
• Ensure that all departments and schools are adhering to UAM’s branding guidelines.
Qualifications: Minimum qualifications include a baccalaureate degree; plus 3 years of experience in marketing, public relations, media relations or journalism.