Credit Analyst II
- Company: Centennial Bank
- Updated: 10/26/2021
- Location: Jonesboro
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Northeast
- Category: Accounting/Bookkeeping, Banking/Finance, Customer Service/Call Centers, Finance
For more information and/or to apply, please visit our career site at:
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Analyzes credit data to estimate degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money to firms or individuals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepare financial statement spreads using the Moody's financial statement analysis software. This duty is performed about 30% of the time.
2. Prepare in-house spreadsheets designed to quantify borrower's personal, global and real estate debt service abilities. This duty is performed about 30% of the time.
3. Prepare narrative analysis of findings and recommendations for lenders. This duty is performed about 30% of the time.
4. May assist, coordinate and attend loan committee. This duty is performed about 5% of the time.
5. Requires review of outgoing analysis prepared by the CA I position. This duty is performed about 5% of the time.
6. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned.
7. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
8. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 5 years related experience and/or training, and 12 to 18 months related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Advanced: 10-Key, Accounting, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Normal working conditions as found within an office setting, wherein there is controlled temperature and a low noise level, plus a minimum of distractions.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit; frequently required to talk or hear; and occasionally required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Should be analytically minded and possess good judgment.
Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.