MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM & SERVICES COORDINATOR
- Company: Home Builders Association of Greater Little Rock
- Updated: 11/29/2021
- Location: North Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: $18-$21 per hour/DOE
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Sales
The Home Builders Association of Greater Little Rock (HBAGLR) is the business and political "voice" for the residential construction industry for Central Arkansas. The Association is an advocate for planning and implementing public policies that promote housing opportunity and choice. Our purpose is to stimulate business within the home building industry; influence political decisions by virtue of member strength; and provide a format for networking, information, training, and support for members.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic candidate to coordinate member programs and services for the Association. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of experience with either a member-based organization, a similar customer service-oriented business or professional experience within the home building industry. The successful candidate will be able to quickly develop an understanding of the various programs and services the association offers members; assist in the retention of current HBAGLR members and recruitment of future HBAGLR members; identify opportunities to grow and expand member benefits; gain the respect and trust of current and future members; communicate and strategize internally with Association staff and externally with Association members and industry partners. Job requires a commitment to work nontraditional business hours to allow for attendance at networking functions and events.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ASSIGNMENTS:
1. Membership Recruiting and Retention
a. Maintain positive working relationships with current members
b. Grow membership including development of an annual membership
recruiting plan and outreach to prospective members
c. Develop and prepare member recruiting packages and information
d. Develop and implement efforts and process to keep existing members
e. Process new and cancelled members
f. Manage and promote NAHB “Spike” program
g. Implement new member orientations
h. Track, maintain and update member records and prospect lists
i. Plan and implement member surveys
j. Prepare and present Membership Reports for Executive Officer and Board
2. Website, Social Media and Other Communication Tools
a. Update website
b. Manage and post on LinkedIn Groups, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
c. Coordinate the publication of HBAGLR’s Newsletter
d. Coordinate the publication of HBAGLR’s Weekly Update
e. Prepare and distribute other member email communications and notices
3. Member/Non-Member Events
a. Plan HBAGLR’s General Membership Events
b. Schedule Member Mixers and work with host
c. Plan Annual Luncheon
d. Assist in securing sponsorships for events.
c. Assist in securing sponsorships and attendees for all Non-Member Events
(including but not limited to Annual Home Show, Golf Tournament, etc.)
4. Logistical Support for Membership, Education & Member Events Committee
a. Assist Chair(s) to determine appropriate content and programming
b. Assist Committee or Chair in preparing agenda
c. Send correspondence to committee members as necessary
d. Create awareness on other Association news, events and
5. Educational Programs and Activities
a. Plan and schedule periodic meetings, webinars, seminars and forums on
topics that will enhance members professional development
b. Coordinate continuing education classes if and when necessary
c. Identify relevant informational topics for HBAGLR Committees and
6. Other HBAGLR Member Programs and Services
a. Annual update to HBAGLR’s online and printed member directory
b. Promote and grow HBAGLR’s Discount Program (discount program for
c. Promote AHBA Member Rebate Program (discount program for members)
d. Promote NAHB Member Advantage Program (discount program for
e. Cultivate Member Sponsorships
7. Office Administration
a. Back up support for Executive Officer
b. Assist answering phones
c. Assist greeting members and guests
REPORTS TO / SUPERVISES:
1. Reports to HBAGLR Executive Officer
1. Perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
2. Tasks to be completed on or before deadlines.
3. Perform tasks and produce work product with high quality and minimal errors.
4. Handle inquiries with accuracy and completeness.
5. Assist Executive Officer as needed.
6. Learn and operate programs and procedures as required for your functional
7. Show excellent judgment in solving problems and complex challenges.
8. Keep Executive Officer informed on all work-related items and issues.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs.
2. Proficiency in database management.
3. Proficiency in writing and communications.
4. Customer service attitude and people skills.
5. Ability to make sales.
6. Ability to create and work with budgets.
7. 3 years of experience with either a member-based organization, similar
customer service-oriented business or professional experience in home
Range: $18-$21 per hour (DOE)
Bonus to be based on objective, measurable criteria for success and HBAGLR’s financial position
Interested candidates should send resumes, cover letter, and three professional references to Meredith Townsend at office@HBAGLR.org by December 10, 2021. Phone calls will not be accepted.