Administrative Support Specialist
- Company: Arkansas Bankers Association
- Updated: 12/27/2022
- Location: Little Rock, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: BOE
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Banking/Finance, Clerical/Administrative, Nonprofits
Summary of Duties
The primary purpose for the Administrative Support Specialist is to support all ABA departments and operations. The incumbent is proficient in the use of the Association's iMIS database.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Updating data base including but not limited to entering credit card payments, entering registrations for classes, print out lists for various staff members, and handle any other queries/information needed out of the database.
2. Assist members on the ABA’s database.
3. Market mail outs (print material, labels and stuff envelopes).
4. Print material from speakers for scheduled classes and make rosters, name badges and certificates from database.
6. Assist in ABA meeting planning.
7. Assist in event registration and communications.
8. Researching and compiling information for projects.
9. Supports meetings (including virtual meetings in Teams and/or Zoom) and takes notes when appropriate.
10. Document processes and procedures where appropriate.
11. Prepare correspondence and documents as needed using the MS Office suite (Power Point, Excel, Word).
12. Coordinate with Works 24 for the ABA music on hold and phone messages.
13. Assist in managing Endorsed Vendor contracts and associate member documentation.
14. Assist in managing fundraising activities.
15. Assist in managing annual trade show.
16. Manage magazine process.
17. Generate and maintain files and file plans
18. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
1. This position is non-exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and is subject to the Arkansas Bankers Association’s policies and procedures pertaining to working schedule.
2. Education and Experience:
• Equivalent to four years of college, plus 3 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Association or non-profit experience a plus.
• Ability to read, analyze, and understand complex documents.
• Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats.
Personal and Physical Characteristics/working Conditions:
1. Personal characteristics include: ability to efficiently and effectively work with a team, self-starter working well with minimal supervision, high integrity, regular work attendance, courteous and friendly, able to work well with diverse groups of people, organization of multiple tasks and projects, and gain and maintain respect of others both inside and outside the Arkansas Bankers Association.
2. Physical Effort and Dexterity include the ability to work within normal limits of an inside office position plus the ability to assist when needed to lift all meeting equipment and materials.
3. Machines, Tools, Equipment required to be operated include but are not limited to: AV equipment (video, audio, sound equipment, projector’s etc.), phone, computer, calculator, copy machine, postage metering machine, computer printer, and fax machine.
4. Software required to be operated include but are not limited to: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and database.
5. Visual Acuity, Hearing, Speaking & Writing: Comfortable in speaking one-on-one level with customers, and in meetings with groups of professionals; professional written proposals, reports, letters and emails.
6. Environment/Working Conditions: Work is mostly inside; normal office worker safety precautions and practices are required. Some overtime required.
7. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org