Fundraising and Members Services Associate
- Company: Arkansas Bankers Association
- Updated: 12/27/2022
- Location: Little Rock, AR
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: BOE
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Banking/Finance, Communications, Marketing, Nonprofits, Sales
Summary of Duties
This position is responsible for planning and implementing the association’s associate membership, sponsorship, and endorsed vendor programs. This position coordinates the marketing and communication for these programs and assists with association conferences and events. Required to utilize the database effectively and correctly to facilitate duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plan and implement the association’s membership program; focusing on recruitment and retention of members, and associate members. Maintain membership relationships.
2. Plan and implement the association’s endorsed vendor program. Recruit new endorsed vendors on an ongoing basis. Responsible for member engagement with endorsed vendor programs. Some travel required.
3. Manage endorsed vendor contracts. Due dates, changes requested, and contract items owed to and from the ABA. Monitor vendor reports and reconcile payments with the Controller.
4. Plan and implement the association’s sponsorship program; focusing on recruitment and retention of sponsors. Recruit and retain sponsors for the association-hosted meetings, events, and conferences.
5. Plan and implement annual trade show.
6. Assist in planning and implementing meetings, conferences, and events on-site and off-site, as needed.
7. Sell ads in magazine and eNews.
8. Source content from Associate Members and Endorsed Vendors for eNews and magazine.
9. Stay current on industry current affairs, federal regulation, issues, challenges, and opportunities.
10. Perform any other duties as required or assigned.
1. This position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and is subject to the Arkansas Bankers Association’s policies and procedures pertaining to working schedule.
2. Education and Experience:
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.
• Broad knowledge of such fields as sales, banking, marketing, business administration, finance.
• Association or non-profit experience a plus.
• Ability to read, analyze, and understand complex documents, and the ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations are required.
Personal and Physical Characteristics/working Conditions:
1. Personal characteristics include: ability to efficiently and effectively work with a team, self-starter working well with minimal supervision, high integrity, regular work attendance, courteous and friendly, able to work well with diverse groups of people, organization of multiple tasks and projects, and gain and maintain respect of others both inside and outside the Arkansas Bankers Association.
2. Physical Effort and Dexterity include the ability to work within normal limits of an inside office position plus the ability to assist when needed to lift all meeting equipment and materials.
3. Machines, Tools, Equipment required to be operated include but are not limited to: AV equipment (video, audio, sound equipment, projector’s etc.), phone, computer, calculator, copy machine, postage metering machine, computer printer, and fax machine.
4. Software required to be operated include but are not limited to: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and database.
5. Visual Acuity, Hearing, Speaking & Writing: Comfortable in speaking one-on-one level with customers, and in meetings with groups of professionals; professional written proposals, reports, letters and emails.
6. Environment/Working Conditions: Work is mostly inside; normal office worker safety precautions and practices are required. Some overtime required.
7. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org