KAIT Executive Producer (Morning)
- Company: KAIT-TV
- Updated: 3/10/2023
- Location: Jonesboro
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Northeast
- Category: Communications
KAIT 8, the #1 rated station in Jonesboro, Arkansas, is seeking a morning news Executive Producer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be an effective leader able to inspire and coach a team of journalists. This person must be an aggressive leader with the ability to handle breaking news with ease. This candidate will work with the news director to develop and execute key initiatives to enhance and grow the two and a half hour morning show, lead a team of passionate journalists and possess excellent problem solving abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with show producers, technical media producers, anchors and field crews to deliver excellent content and showcasing during Good Morning Region 8.
• Assist in producing for our two and a half hour morning show.
• Coach effectively in order to provide the most relevant content.
• Help morning show team elevate production values.
• Coach team in presenting accurate, fair and unbiased news content.
• At least two years of producing experience in a commercial newsroom.
• BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background.
• Ability to aggressively react to breaking news.
• Good news judgment and journalistic integrity
• Ability to interpret information to establish facts.
• Knowledge of ENPS or similar news software with the ability to effectively learn ENPS.
• Understanding of non-linear editing.
• Knowledge of Edius is a plus.
• Effective communication skills with management and new
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to gray.tv/careers, where you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references. No phone calls please.