KAIT Broadcast Engineer
- Company: KAIT-TV
- Updated: 5/10/2023
- Location: Jonesboro
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Northeast
- Category: Communications, Engineering
KAIT 8, the #1 rated station in Jonesboro, Arkansas, is seeking a Broadcast Engineer to join our team. The Broadcast Engineer has the general responsibility of maintaining, troubleshooting, installing and configuring KAIT’s equipment and systems, both broadcast and non-broadcast. The successful candidate will work under the direction of the Chief Engineer and Assistant Chief Engineer to maintain, to the highest level possible, the signal quality of the station, and provide technological support to all functions of the station.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Have or develop extensive working knowledge of all broadcast systems in KAIT’s plant, including studio, newsgathering, production, master control, automation, IT, and transmission equipment.
• Successfully prioritize multiple competing projects and tasks and ensure that all assignments are completed.
• Keep system documentation and drawings up-to-date.
• Ensure that the station is operated in accordance with all applicable regulations and good engineering practice.
• Participate with other department members in on-call duties for providing after-hours support.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must possess very good troubleshooting skills; formal education in and proven experience with electronics theory is a plus.
• The successful candidate will be self-motivated, a lifelong learner, organized, detail-oriented, and have an even-tempered attitude.
• Must be able to thrive in a team environment and to both be trained by, as well as to train, others.
• Must have good communication skills, both written and oral.
• Have experience with and knowledge of (preferred) or willing to be trained in areas including, but not limited to:
- Digital Audio/Video theory and troubleshooting
- Basic TCP/IP networking skills
- Relevant broadcast-related FCC regulations
- Broadcast switcher and automation technologies
• Must be able to read interconnect diagrams and perform cable terminations.
• Must be able to work on a ladder and do work overhead.
• Must be able to pass an MVR screening and be able to qualify for driving company vehicles.
• A deep background in computers, networking, and relevant industry certifications are not required, but are a plus.
Come join our dynamic team, go to gray.tv/careers, where you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V