Maintenance Operator - Robinson Center @ City of Little Rock (CVB)
- Company: City of Little Rock
- Updated: 7/27/2017
- Location: Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: $26,529.00 - $41,120.00
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Central
- Category: Skilled Services
We only review applications submitted via our website. Please apply online at:
Essential Job Functions
• Troubleshoots routine malfunctions in electrical equipment, wiring, and fixtures; replaces and repairs malfunctioning motors, switches, wiring, and fixtures as directed by supervisor.
• Installs and connects electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures according to specifications.
• Operates various power tools to splice wires, solder connections, cut and drill wiring holes for fixtures and attach and anchor fixtures and conduit; operates various meters to test voltage, amperage and continuity of electrical circuits.
• Performs preventive maintenance on electrical equipment, fixtures, wiring, and motors.
• Conducts periodic routine preventive maintenance inspections for all LRCVB facilities.
• Maintains records of equipment maintenance, including approximate amounts of fluids, such as oil or grease needed, and hours of operation since previous servicing.
• Operates a microcomputer in completion of essential job functions.
• Operates a light truck to transport tools, materials, and equipment to various work sites.
• Operation of forklift as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of standard carpentry practices and techniques.
• Knowledge of the methods and practices in the application of paint to various types of surfaces.
• Knowledge of the basic principles, techniques, standard practices and safety precautions of the electrical trade.
• Knowledge of basic electrical principles, practices, and techniques.
• Knowledge of the repair, maintenance and installation of electrical systems.
• Knowledge of the standard practices and safety precautions of the electrical trade.
• Knowledge of the operating principles of electrical motors and equipment.
• Knowledge of basic electronics.
• Skill in the use and care of painting tools and equipment.
• Skill in the operation of hand and light power tools.
• Skill in the operation of electrical test meters and various gauges.
• Skill in the operation of an automatic transmission automobile.
• Skill in the operation of a variety of maintenance, power, hand and metal working tools and equipment.
• Ability to maintain simple records.
• Ability to troubleshoot faulty electrical wiring.
• Ability to perform manual and skilled labor involving bending, lifting and carrying materials.
• Ability to complete work orders on projects completed.
• Ability to understand written and oral instructions.
• Ability to work safely and effectively at considerable heights.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to operate a forklift.