Office Assistant II (Parks and Recreation - Fitness Center) @ City of Little Rock
- Company: City of Little Rock
- Updated: 7/26/2017
- Location: Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: $26,228.80 - $36,836.80 Annually
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Central
- Category: Clerical/Administrative
We only review applications submitted via our website. Please apply online at:
To serve as receptionist for the Jim Dailey Fitness Center and to provide clerical support to Fitness Center staff as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Greets Fitness Center members and visitors and answers a multi-line telephone; directs visitors and callers to appropriate personnel, or takes messages.
• Answers questions and provides information to visitors and callers regarding Jim Dailey Fitness Center activities; receives complaints, forwards complaints to appropriate personnel; assists in follow-up to complaints as directed by supervisor.
• Maintains hard copy and computer files and records relating to Center programs and projects.
• Verifies Fitness Center memberships utilizing a computer; assists in signing up new members.
• Operates cash register to collect fees from members or participants; maintains payment records; balances cash register with receipts; prepares deposits; notifies supervisor of discrepancies.
• Types letters, memoranda, reports, and other Fitness Center correspondence.
• Prepares billing invoices for groups utilizing facility.
• Conducts tours of Fitness Center facilities; provides information and answers questions; explains the procedures for Fitness Center membership or use of facilities to inquiring public.
• Maintains the Fitness Center bulletin boards by updating posted information as directed.
• Collects, sorts and distributes incoming mail; prepares outgoing mail as directed.
• Trains, schedules, assigns and directs activities of assigned regular part-time and/or temporary staff.
• Prepares payroll documents and time sheets for employees; calculates hours for regular part-time and/or temporary staff.
• Opens and closes facility as required.
• Operates a computer utilizing word processing and spreadsheet software in the performance of essential job functions.
Minimum Qualifications and Additional Requirements
These knowledge, skills, and abilities are usually, although not always, acquired through the completion of high school, two (2) years of general clerical experience. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
1. Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of proper filing and record keeping systems.
• Knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
• Knowledge of departmental procedures.
• Knowledge of basic mathematical principles.
• Skill in the operation of a typewriter.
• Skill in the operation of a desk calculator.
• Skill in the operation of a computer, utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, or data base software.
• Skill in the operation of a computer terminal.
• Ability to maintain moderately complex filing and record keeping systems.
• Ability to compile data and prepare reports.
• Ability to provide information to individuals concerning departmental operations and procedures.
• Ability to answer the telephone and direct callers to appropriate personnel.
• Ability to type correspondence and reports.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally.
• Ability to collect and balance money.