Zoo Services Associate @ City of Little Rock Zoo (Part-time)
- Company: City of Little Rock
- Updated: 8/10/2018
- Location: Little Rock
- Status: Part-Time
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Central
- Category: General Employment
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: On-Line applications only.
Apply online at LRJobs.net.
***** PLEASE DO NOT apply on the Arkansas Business website*******
8/17/2018 12:00 AM Central
JOB OBJECTIVE: To provide quality customer service to patrons of the Little Rock Zoo. The Little Rock Zoo is a smoke free facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Please be aware that all positions listed below provide "back up" duties as necessary. These positions may also work at various locations throughout the zoo.
MEMBERSHIP SALES / CASHIER
Provides membership program information and sell memberships
• Processes membership applications, print membership cards, receive and post mail
• Utilizes computer data base for memberships, data entry
• Answers phone, takes reservations and payments by phone, answers questions
• Utilize computer cash register and data base for admission sales, membership sales, gift shop, cash handling, Credit Card processing, verifying ID and valid memberships
Gift Shop Sales / Cashier
• Utilizes computer cash register and database for admission sales, gift shop & membership sales
• Receives monies from rental of wagons, strollers & electric scooters.
• Answers visitor questions about the zoo
• Restocks shelves, designs displays for merchandise, checks in & labels merchandise
• Cleans and organizes stock room, sweeps and mops floors, dust shelves, windows and door
SCHOOL BUS GREETER
• Greets bus at the front of the zoo and instructs bus drivers where to unload & load students
• Assists teachers and students from various schools and in the entering of zoo grounds in a friendly manner
• Moves children and teachers away from ticket booth areas, stamps hands of returning guests
• Gives directions to bathrooms and exhibits, informs guests of show times, zoo talks & education programs
• Scheduling is normally Mon. thru Friday from 8:30 am until 2:00 pm, off time will vary
CAFÉ CASHIER / DINING ROOM ATTENDANT
• Utilizes computer cash register, receives monies, coupons, etc
• Restocks front counter area of café & condiment shelves, removes trash, cleans tables & chairs
• Restocks napkins & beverage case, prepares beverages, communicates food orders with kitchen
• Sweeps and mops dining room and front counter area
• Assists guests with information or events, programs and other visitor services information
CAFÉ LINE COOK/SANDWICH, SALAD & PIZZA PREP.
• Prepares food orders according to order tickets
• Restocks food areas, prepares meals, follows recipes
• Follows all Health Dept. guidelines
• Operates deep fryer, institutional convection oven, flat top grill, Potato Friller, dishwasher, proof boxes, pizza oven, hot wells
• Unloads food delivery trucks, maintains storage areas, inventories product and equipment
• Maintains cleanliness of freezer and refrigeration areas; sweeps and cleans area of operations
• Cleans kitchen equipment; properly stores equipment, cleans kitchen trash receptacles and removes all trash
• Sets up and staffs catered functions and events
• Must be 18 to work with fryer or as Line Cook
CONCESSION STAND ATTENDANT
• Utilizes cash register, receives monies from guests; prepares food & beverage orders
• Restocks food supplies, paper supplies, and condiments
• Follows all health dept. guidelines
• Grills food on outside gas grill, deep well fryer, hot wells
• Cleans area of operation to include sweeping, mopping, dishes, & outside seating areas
• Removes all trash and cleans trash receptacles
• Sets up & staffs catered functions and events
• Line Cooks must be 18 yrs or older
• Attendants can be 16 or older, must be 18 or older to work with fryer
• Checks out and returns wagons, strollers, & electric scooters to guests with receipts
• Cleans wagons, strollers & scooters
• Gives directions to bathrooms & exhibits; informs guests of show times or zoo talks & education programs
• Maintains cleanliness of surrounding work area
• Inventories that all rentals have been returned by 4:30 p.m.
RIDE OPERATOR - CAROUSEL
• Inspects carousel hourly to insure all parts are in working condition
• Reports all maintenance needs to Visitor Services manager
• Assists small children on horses
• Receives money/tokens and coupons from guests
• Ensures that all height requirements are followed according to the Dept. of Labor guidelines
• Maintains a level of safety & awareness of the guests riding carousel
• Cleans all carousel horses, chariots and platform
• Turns on carousel music at the beginning of shift and ensures it is playing through out the day
• Sets up and staffs catered functions and events
• Must be 21 years or older
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to work different shifts, weekends, evenings and special events. Must be able to work in various weather conditions. Certain positions require workers to be at least 18 or 21.
Application Requirements: ONLY On-Line Applications Accepted. Application and Supplemental Questions required by Closing Date.
Background Investigation: Background and sex offender registry check.