Human Resources Specialist - Employment @ City of Little Rock
- Company: City of Little Rock
- Updated: 8/7/2017
- Location: Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: $31,506.00 - $48,519.00 Annually
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Human Resources
To provide administrative and technical support regarding written test monitoring and administration, assessment centers and uniformed promotional processes for the Employment Division of the Department of Human Resources.
Essential Job Functions
For a complete list of essential job functions, please visit LRJobs.net
Minimum Qualifications and Additional Requirements
These knowledge, skills, and abilities are usually, although not always, acquired through completion of two (2) years of college or vocational-technical school coursework in Human Resources Administration, Office Administration, Computer Services or related areas, and two (2) years of office administration experience which includes developing and maintaining computerized filing and record-keeping systems. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
• ONLY on-line applications accepted.
• Application and supplemental questions required by closing date.
• Applications will be screened for minimum qualifications.
• All applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be sent additional information regarding the online testing required for this position.
1. Attends job fairs and provides general application and testing information.
2. Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of office practices, procedures, equipment, and terminology.
• Knowledge of hard copy and computer filing and record-keeping systems.
• Knowledge of human resources principles and practices.
• Knowledge of computer fundamentals and business software, including database, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
• Skill in the operation of a microcomputer, utilizing database, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
• Skill in the operation of a hand-held calculator.
• Ability to maintain hard copy and computer files and record-keeping systems.
• Ability to review and correct ad proofs.
• Ability to administer and proctor written examinations.
• Ability to prepare narrative and statistical reports.
• Ability to screen applications, resumes, and supplemental questions for evaluation of qualifications.
• Ability to establish and maintain hard copy and computer filing and record-keeping systems.
• Ability to provide oral instructions to groups and monitor employment examinations.
• Ability to create scoring templates.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to operate a computerized scanner system.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally, with individuals and groups, and in writing.