- Company: Pulaski County Government
- Updated: 3/1/2018
- Location: Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: $26,747 - $29,914
- Job Level: 5-10 Years Experience
- Category: Communications, Education, Government
Interested individuals must come to the Human Resources Office to complete an application for the position between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday or online at pulaskicounty.net. The Human Resources Office is located in Suite 100 of the Pulaski County Administration Building – 201 South Broadway St. Little Rock, Arkansas.
POSITION: PROGRAM FACILITATOR (YAPP)
This position is open to County Employees and the General Public.
POSITION NO: 002
STARTING SALARY: $26,747 - $29,914
DEPARTMENT: DISTRICT COURT (1340)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY / FUNCTION: To present programs educating junior and senior high school students on safety issues with the goal of reducing injuries and fatalities among the teen population.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Makes presentations in the schools on safety issues including Seat Belt Safety, DWI/DUI, drug abuse, alcohol abuse and violence.
- Assists with presentation of monthly Defensive Driving Course conducted on Saturday.
- Researches safety topics for current information; produces PowerPoint presentations for use in classrooms and Defensive Driving Course.
- Maintains records of all contracts and presentations including number of presentations and students in attendance.
- Interacts with teens during sessions to facilitate information presentation and to provide a safety role model.
- Uses computer to produce reports, school schedules, and lists for Defensive Driving Courses, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Provides guidance on abuse and youth related issues as related by student.
- Assists with coordinating the presentations of the program in all county junior and senior high schools during the school year; notifies and coordinates the schedules of program instructors and school teachers.
- Provides backup to the program instructors as needed; provide informational brochures and a brief overview of the organization.
- Researches sources to assist junior and senior high school students with identified problems and current issues.
- Attends community organizations and other agencies’ meetings concerning crime prevention involvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Graduation from high school or equivalency including college level training in Communication, Public Safety, Public Speaking, or a related field; some work experience in the use of a computer and standard office software including PowerPoint, public speaking, or a related area; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Duties includes working occasional weekends, punctual attendance at school presentations involving travel to various locations within Pulaski County.
Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Arkansas Driver’s License.
Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of the following pre-employment requirements: criminal background check, sexual offender check and child maltreatment check by appropriate licensed agencies.
OPEN DATE: 03/01/2018 CLOSE DATE: 03-07-2018 (5:00 P.M.)