Events and Fundraising Manager
- Company: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arkansas
- Updated: 7/11/2018
- Location: North Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Starting $35,000
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Central
- Category: Communications, Nonprofits
This position will primarily be responsible for fundraising through managing event logistics, and will also take primary responsibility for marketing Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arkansas via social media. The Special Events Manager will play a key role in helping the office reach out to volunteers, and effectively engage donors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinating all aspects of event preparation, including:
a. Meeting or exceeding fundraising goals through personal solicitation and working with board members and volunteers
b. Securing event venues as needed and communicating with on-site contact
c. Coordinating all event logistics including the planning of food and beverage and event related support materials
d. Ensuring that event stays within budget by tracking costs and reporting to Accounting
e. Creation of event timelines and staffing plans
f. Ensuring that all invoices and payments are accurate and timely
g. Production and distribution of invitations
2. Create and execute follow-up strategy after each event
a. Create appropriate thank you
b. Handle all billing and cost-analysis
c. Provide development staff with suggested follow-up steps with attendees as needed
3. Cultivate long-term sustaining relationships with volunteers, event participants, and other third parties through effective stewardship and communications.
4. Marketing the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization through social media platforms by:
a. Utilizing Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to build the profile of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arkansas in the community in order to help generate new donors, and volunteers.
5. Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
• 1+ years of fundraising, event logistics experience, or transferrable skills with a proven track record of success
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A team player with the ability to work independently
• Working knowledge of common social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Well-developed organizational and time-management skills
• The ability to work outside of regular business hours as needed
• An articulated belief in the mission of BBBS
Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported 1-to-1 relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
Since our establishment in 1968, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arkansas (BBBSCA) has been committed to helping children reach their potential. During the past 50 years, we have made many mentoring relationships in Pulaski, Saline, Jefferson, Pope and Faulkner counties. BBBSCA is one of more than 300 national affiliates of the largest donor- and volunteer-supported mentoring network. At Big Brothers Big Sisters we believe that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
BBBSCA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act:
Applicants, as well as, employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
Resume and cover letter should be submitted to email@example.com.