Health Care Heroes
Arkansas Business presents Health Care Heroes awards program to honor individuals, companies and organizations that are making a significant impact on the quality of health care in Arkansas. Their acts of heroism represent a display of dedication to excellence in the area of expertise beyond the scope of their jobs. Through their commitment to their profession and their community, they serve as an inspiration to others in an effort to improve the quality of health care and discover new ways to assist those in need.
Nominations accepted in the following categories:
Health Care Administrator
- Honors a professional administrator who leads, manages or administers health care systems, such as hospitals, hospital networks or large health care systems.
Large Hospital of the Year (100 beds or more)
- Honors a hospital that provides access to exceptional quality, safe and patient-centered care that promotes individual and community well-being; showcase successful efforts to develop and promote new models of care, services and collaboration. ** New programs with proof 2-3 years of documented evidence.
Small Rural Hospitals (Less than 100 beds)
-Honors a hospital that provides access to exceptional quality, safe and patient-centered care that promotes individual and community well-being; showcase successful efforts to develop and promote new models of care, services and collaboration. ** New programs with proof 2-3 years of documented evidence.
- Honors a company or individual primarily responsible for a medical science discovery or for development of a new procedure, device, service, program or treatment that can save lives or improve the quality of life for a large number of people.
Nurse of the Year
- Honors an individual who continues to contribute to the advancement of nursing in their specialty areas through innovation, collaboration, leadership and professional risk-taking, and patient-centered care.
Physician of the Year
- Honors a physician whose job performance is considered exemplary by patients and peers. Someone who consistently achieves high standards in the practice of medicine and is looked upon as a role model by his or her peers.
Allied Health Professional
- Honors an allied health professional who shows exemplary performance in his or her field. One who goes above and beyond the call of duty, impact on the growth and development of the profession; impact on the community. (Examples include: Physical therapist, occupational therapist, nutritionist, pharmacist etc.)
-Honors an individual or organization for the development of a program that improved access to, and the quality of medical service in an undeserved area. An institution who has an impact on the community, fulfilling a need otherwise not met in the community.
Long-Term Care Facility
- Honors a long-term care facility for excellence in medical and personal attention for the state's aging population, and a priority is given to those who can demonstrate special attention to patient care.
Lifetime Achievement Award
- Honors an individual with a long-standing impact in the healthcare industry.
Deadline for nominations is December 18, 2020.
For sponsorship or nomination information contact: Kelli Roy, Awards Events and Marketing Coordinator, at KRoy@abpg.com or 501.455.9336
- Aiming High: Partners Set Sights on $10M Shooting Range in Little Rock 3 days ago
- $1M Sale of Springdale Office Building Recalls Fraud Case 3 days ago
- ABC Director Revokes Fort Smith Cultivator's Marijuana License 2 days ago
- Finalists Announced for 35th Arkansas Business of the Year Awards 2 days ago
- Walter Hussman's College Wake-Up Call 3 days ago