Manager, Lead Generation Marketing
USA Truck Inc.
Mindy Choo said one of her best talents is project management, and the trajectory of her young career is testament to that.
Choo graduated from the University of the Ozarks in Clarksville and soon landed at USA Truck in Van Buren. She found herself cold-calling every day in support of the sales teams.
Choo’s duties have since expanded. She helped design the company’s new website and generates more digital material.
The digital interaction spurs leads into new business. Choo also manages all of USA Truck’s surveys, and she hopes one day to be a chief marketing officer.
“I’m always planning my next step,” Choo said. “I think eventually I want to get more involved in marketing.”
Choo was born to Chinese parents in Malaysia and came to the U.S. to study at 18 — like her parents, who had met at the University of Texas-Arlington. She hasn’t been home to Malaysia in a couple of years and is certainly appreciative of her time in the U.S. “I love being here. It has given me a lot of opportunities to do what I want to do,” Choo said.
That’s not to say she misses home and family, because she has siblings who attend college in Canada. But she definitely misses the food. “If you ever get a chance to go to Malaysia, eat all the food you can,” Choo said.
- Conway Dispensary Wins ‘Harvest' Name in Court Action 2 days ago
- Broadway Block in North Little Rock Sells for $2.4M 5 days ago
- Colleges Ready to Stagger In-Person Participation with Web Time 5 days ago
- Webinar: BKD CPAs & Advisors Offer Insight on PPP Loan Forgiveness 1 day ago
- Commerce Department Shares List of 'Ready for Business' Grant Recipients 3 days ago