Chief Financial Officer
Peoples Bank of Magnolia
At age 15, Jonathan Baird began work at Peoples Bank of Magnolia, filing checks, running proofs and working as a teller. Today, he is the chief financial officer and serves on the board of directors.
Baird has also worked as a certified financial planner at Mustard Seed Asset Management in Magnolia and El Dorado since 2005 and is now a partner.
At Peoples Bank, Baird helped execute a strategy that added close to $10 million to the bank’s bottom line over seven years.
He has served on the Hannah Resource Pregnancy Center board and as president of the Magnolia/Columbia County Chamber of Commerce board. He currently is vice president of the Magnolia Economic Development Corp. board.
Baird graduated with a bachelor’s degree in marketing from Southern Arkansas University and has a master of divinity from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
“The main philosophy I try to live by is to always do what is in the best interest of my clients,” Baird said. “I try to help them make the best decisions that will help them achieve their long-term goals.”
His mentors include SAU Professor David Ashby, who encouraged him to pursue financial planning, and his grandfather, who taught him to always “live below my means.”
- Slim Chickens to Open New Restaurant in West Little Rock 2 days ago
- AETN Standoff Drags On 6 days ago
- ABC Financial Names Bill Davis CEO, Announces New Leadership Team 2 days ago
- UA Little Rock's Nitin Agarwal Gets $2.4M for Cybersecurity Grant 1 day ago
- River Pointe Apartments Attracts $40M Transaction (Real Deals) 6 days ago