Cromwell Architects Engineers
Chris East knew he liked art and construction, and at the University of Arkansas he figured out his ideal career: architecture.
East, an El Dorado native, graduated from the Fay Jones School of Architecture in 2003.
“I was always interested in the creative arts and construction, but I did not put the two of them together until I got into college because there weren’t many architects in El Dorado,” East said. “Once I figured out that the profession existed, I knew it was a good fit.”
East’s first job was at Cromwell Architects Engineers in Little Rock; he left from 2008-12 and worked for AMR Architects, then returned to Cromwell.
His portfolio of work includes the Donaghey College of Engineering & Information Technology at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock and renovation that’s happening now at 615 Main St. in downtown Little Rock. He is also a founding board member of StudioMAIN, which promotes collaboration between design professionals and the public.
“I would like to see Little Rock and the state have a greater comprehensive master plan and really begin to plan out the future of our city in a way that incorporates good design,” he said. “When I say good design, I mean design that is going to last over 100 years, … incorporating better public transit and land usage.”
East also is a member of the Architecture & Design Network and the Downtown Little Rock Partnership.
- Video: Governor, Legislative Leaders Unveil Highway Plan
- Here Are the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Dispensary Scores
- Reuters: Walmart Strikes Deal with MGM for Vudu Content
- Update: Czech Gun Maker Plans $90M HQ at LR Port, 565 Jobs 2 days ago
- Chambers Bancshares to Acquire River Town Bank 22 hours ago
- Company Proposes Hard Rock Casino Resort for Pope County 1 day ago
- Total Pay for Walmart CEO Doug McMillon Hits $23.6M 2 days ago
- Hot Springs Airport Once Held 'Name of Shame' 3 days ago