Developmental Market Manager
Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
By the time Tracy Triplett was 13, she was the assistant manager of a KFC. And her work experience only grew from there.
Triplett is now a developmental market manager for Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and is expected to be a market manager soon. As a market manager, Triplett will oversee the store managers in an area that typically covers between eight and 15 Supercenters.
After graduating from the University of Arkansas School of Law in 2007, Triplett became an assistant U.S. attorney for the Western District of Arkansas, where she became the head of the financial crimes task force.
“I love knowledge, and I love to gain more knowledge,” the Denver native said. “But I’ve always known that management was in my heart.”
So Triplett, who had worked for Wal-Mart as a cashier when she was 15, returned to the Bentonville retailer in 2011 as a senior manager for legislative affairs and worked on compliance issues. It wasn’t long before she was promoted to be the director of Wal-Mart’s global investigations.
Outside of work, Triplett is involved in several organizations, including serving on the board of the Walmart Foundation’s State Giving Program for Arkansas.
Triplett said what motivates her is doing things for others. “I thrive on feeling like I’m making a difference in people’s lives,” she said.
- Dillard's Adjusts Store Hours In Response to COVID-19 2 months ago
- Commerce Department Shares List of 'Ready for Business' Grant Recipients 5 days ago
- Conway Dispensary Wins ‘Harvest' Name in Court Action 4 days ago
- America's Car-Mart Moves Headquarters to Rogers 2 days ago
- Hutchinson Names His COVID-19 Technical Advisory Board 2 days ago