Developmental Market Manager
Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
By the time Tracy Triplett was 13, she was the assistant manager of a KFC. And her work experience only grew from there.
Triplett is now a developmental market manager for Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and is expected to be a market manager soon. As a market manager, Triplett will oversee the store managers in an area that typically covers between eight and 15 Supercenters.
After graduating from the University of Arkansas School of Law in 2007, Triplett became an assistant U.S. attorney for the Western District of Arkansas, where she became the head of the financial crimes task force.
“I love knowledge, and I love to gain more knowledge,” the Denver native said. “But I’ve always known that management was in my heart.”
So Triplett, who had worked for Wal-Mart as a cashier when she was 15, returned to the Bentonville retailer in 2011 as a senior manager for legislative affairs and worked on compliance issues. It wasn’t long before she was promoted to be the director of Wal-Mart’s global investigations.
Outside of work, Triplett is involved in several organizations, including serving on the board of the Walmart Foundation’s State Giving Program for Arkansas.
Triplett said what motivates her is doing things for others. “I thrive on feeling like I’m making a difference in people’s lives,” she said.
- Video: Governor, Legislative Leaders Unveil Highway Plan
- Here Are the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Dispensary Scores
- Reuters: Walmart Strikes Deal with MGM for Vudu Content
- Update: Czech Gun Maker Plans $90M HQ at LR Port, 565 Jobs 2 days ago
- Chambers Bancshares to Acquire River Town Bank 22 hours ago
- Company Proposes Hard Rock Casino Resort for Pope County 1 day ago
- Total Pay for Walmart CEO Doug McMillon Hits $23.6M 2 days ago
- Hot Springs Airport Once Held 'Name of Shame' 3 days ago