EVP, CFO & COO
First National Bank
Shann Carpenter has always been a numbers person. She deployed her math skills in banking in 2009 at Crossett’s First National Bank as assistant vice president-controller.
In 2016, she added the Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University to her resume and was promoted to senior vice president and chief operating officer at the $156 million-asset lender.
Last year, Carpenter was promoted to executive vice president and chief financial officer and joined the First National board of directors.
“In her spare time,” she also owns and operates the H&R Block franchise in Hamburg.
From 2004-09, Carpenter worked for the Crossett accounting firm of Richard L. Maxwell & Associates PLLC as a staff accountant while completing her college coursework.
She graduated in 2006 from the University of Arkansas at Monticello with a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
Carpenter is a volunteer at the Greater Crossett Area Food Pantry, where she is a past president and treasurer.
She serves as treasurer of the Kiwanis Club of Crossett, where she is a past president and 2013 Kiwanian of the Year.
Carpenter also is treasurer of the Ashley County Single Parent Scholarship Foundation and Crossett Area Chamber of Commerce.
- At What Price? (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note)
- Better Read Than Dead (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note)
- Video: Governor, Legislative Leaders Unveil Highway Plan
- Video: Governor Names 15 Cabinet Leaders Under Reorganization 14 hours ago
- Red Wolf Convention Center Plans September Open in Jonesboro 3 days ago
- Little Rock as TV News Launching Pad: Success News Directors Can Recruit On 2 days ago
- Former Arkansas Lawmaker Fonda Hawthorne Sentenced after Guilty Plea 15 hours ago
- Silver Development Offers Niche for Graying Generation 3 days ago