Kim Lane wears a lot of hats, but she loves all of them, and they all require her to be a problem-solver.
“A lot of what we do is teaching people how to solve the problems that they face, and I am particularly passionate about spreading the message that every problem has a solution,” she said.
Lane is CEO of the Conductor, director of Global Entrepreneurship Week Central Arkansas, founder and director of Startup Grind Central Arkansas and regional director of 1 Million Cups. She recently returned from a trip to Istanbul, where she served as a U.S. delegate to the Global Entrepreneurship Congress’ World Congress.
All of those programs help entrepreneurs, but her career didn’t start out that way. After graduating from Hendrix College, Lane worked in advertising and as a freelance editor. She then became the first digital director at AY and Arkansas Money & Politics magazines.
While there, Lane found that a lot of “cool stuff” was happening in the entrepreneurial space and she wanted in, so she co-directed the Arkansas Regional Innovation Hub’s HubX-LifeSciences accelerator and became the Hub’s director of operations before joining the Conductor as COO. She was named its CEO in March.
- Video: Governor, Legislative Leaders Unveil Highway Plan
- Here Are the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Dispensary Scores
- Reuters: Walmart Strikes Deal with MGM for Vudu Content
- An Investor's Look at Medical Cannabis Opportunities in the Heartland (Erika Gee Commentary) 2 days ago
- What's Rice? Under Arkansas Law, It's Not Cauliflower 2 days ago
- Today's Power, Farmers Electric Partner in Solar Project 1 day ago
- Oaklawn, Southland Casino Licenses to Be Considered Saturday 15 hours ago
- Bid to Strip Confederate Link From Arkansas Flag Fails Again 20 hours ago