Kim Lane wears a lot of hats, but she loves all of them, and they all require her to be a problem-solver.
“A lot of what we do is teaching people how to solve the problems that they face, and I am particularly passionate about spreading the message that every problem has a solution,” she said.
Lane is CEO of the Conductor, director of Global Entrepreneurship Week Central Arkansas, founder and director of Startup Grind Central Arkansas and regional director of 1 Million Cups. She recently returned from a trip to Istanbul, where she served as a U.S. delegate to the Global Entrepreneurship Congress’ World Congress.
All of those programs help entrepreneurs, but her career didn’t start out that way. After graduating from Hendrix College, Lane worked in advertising and as a freelance editor. She then became the first digital director at AY and Arkansas Money & Politics magazines.
While there, Lane found that a lot of “cool stuff” was happening in the entrepreneurial space and she wanted in, so she co-directed the Arkansas Regional Innovation Hub’s HubX-LifeSciences accelerator and became the Hub’s director of operations before joining the Conductor as COO. She was named its CEO in March.
- Future Roles in Lasiter Estate Go Before Judge 6 days ago
- Landreaux: Work Ethic, Resiliency Key for Women in the Workplace 1 day ago
- Holiday Cheer: Give the Gift of Arkansas 6 days ago
- Sarah Sanders, Husband Buy $600K Little Rock Home 5 days ago
- Scott McGehee Makes Culinary Concepts Part of Yellow Rocket's Science 6 days ago