Kim Lane wears a lot of hats, but she loves all of them, and they all require her to be a problem-solver.
“A lot of what we do is teaching people how to solve the problems that they face, and I am particularly passionate about spreading the message that every problem has a solution,” she said.
Lane is CEO of the Conductor, director of Global Entrepreneurship Week Central Arkansas, founder and director of Startup Grind Central Arkansas and regional director of 1 Million Cups. She recently returned from a trip to Istanbul, where she served as a U.S. delegate to the Global Entrepreneurship Congress’ World Congress.
All of those programs help entrepreneurs, but her career didn’t start out that way. After graduating from Hendrix College, Lane worked in advertising and as a freelance editor. She then became the first digital director at AY and Arkansas Money & Politics magazines.
While there, Lane found that a lot of “cool stuff” was happening in the entrepreneurial space and she wanted in, so she co-directed the Arkansas Regional Innovation Hub’s HubX-LifeSciences accelerator and became the Hub’s director of operations before joining the Conductor as COO. She was named its CEO in March.
- Cumulus Layoffs Claim 4 Central Arkansas Radio Voices 19 hours ago
- Simmons Bank Shouting Name From Rooftops 2 days ago
- The Contenders: It's Grow or Else, Smaller Banks Say 2 days ago
- Danfoss to Close Arkadelphia Plant by Year's End, Affecting 170 Workers 17 hours ago
- In Central Arkansas, A Host of Angels Aim to Aid Startups 19 hours ago