Kim Lane wears a lot of hats, but she loves all of them, and they all require her to be a problem-solver.
“A lot of what we do is teaching people how to solve the problems that they face, and I am particularly passionate about spreading the message that every problem has a solution,” she said.
Lane is CEO of the Conductor, director of Global Entrepreneurship Week Central Arkansas, founder and director of Startup Grind Central Arkansas and regional director of 1 Million Cups. She recently returned from a trip to Istanbul, where she served as a U.S. delegate to the Global Entrepreneurship Congress’ World Congress.
All of those programs help entrepreneurs, but her career didn’t start out that way. After graduating from Hendrix College, Lane worked in advertising and as a freelance editor. She then became the first digital director at AY and Arkansas Money & Politics magazines.
While there, Lane found that a lot of “cool stuff” was happening in the entrepreneurial space and she wanted in, so she co-directed the Arkansas Regional Innovation Hub’s HubX-LifeSciences accelerator and became the Hub’s director of operations before joining the Conductor as COO. She was named its CEO in March.
- At What Price? (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note)
- Better Read Than Dead (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note)
- Video: Governor, Legislative Leaders Unveil Highway Plan
- Video: Governor Names 15 Cabinet Leaders Under Reorganization 14 hours ago
- Red Wolf Convention Center Plans September Open in Jonesboro 3 days ago
- DeWitt Bank Transaction Tops $10.2M 3 days ago
- Little Rock as TV News Launching Pad: Success News Directors Can Recruit On 2 days ago
- Limits Few for $300M Simmons Foods Project in Decatur 3 days ago