Chief Operating Officer
Medical school didn’t work out for Cory Scott, nor did life in the corporate world of J.B. Hunt Transport Services Inc. of Lowell. But Scott has found his home in the small private company founded by his dad, Tom.
Tom Scott developed software for tax assessments, and in 2005 the Scotts turned that business into DataScout, which provides web pages for county offices in Arkansas, Louisiana and Oklahoma.
“We realized that public data in Arkansas was lacking in accessibility, so we tried and aimed to become a full resource for public data in Arkansas, starting with real estate,” Cory Scott said. “That has morphed into providing service and software applications not only to the private sector, but also back to the counties.”
DataScout, as any member of the media, real estate or business community is aware, is the go-to source for real estate, assessment and tax records.
“A lot of what DataScout provides is a conduit of information from the county courthouses,” Cory Scott said. “We don’t get engaged in developing the data or collecting the data. We help them host and maintain so the public can gain access.
“We truly changed the way people did business in Arkansas simply because they were used to having to drive to the courthouse or make phone calls and fax information back and forth.”
- Video: Governor, Legislative Leaders Unveil Highway Plan
- Here Are the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Dispensary Scores
- Reuters: Walmart Strikes Deal with MGM for Vudu Content
- An Investor's Look at Medical Cannabis Opportunities in the Heartland (Erika Gee Commentary) 2 days ago
- What's Rice? Under Arkansas Law, It's Not Cauliflower 2 days ago
- Today's Power, Farmers Electric Partner in Solar Project 1 day ago
- Oaklawn, Southland Casino Licenses to Be Considered Saturday 15 hours ago
- Bid to Strip Confederate Link From Arkansas Flag Fails Again 20 hours ago