A lifelong interest in numbers and a good college professor set Jared Carver on the road that led him to the world of accounting and an opportunity in banking.
Carver joined Stone Bank of Mountain View as a financial analyst in January 2017 while finishing up work on a master’s in accounting from Hendrix College in Conway.
His duties at the Little Rock office of the $295 million-asset lender include analyzing monthly financial statements for board reporting, constructing models to predict the profitability of expansion projects, creating an annual budget and monitoring liquidity.
Carver, who grew up in Foreman (Little River County), graduated summa cum laude with distinction in May 2016 with a bachelor’s degree in economics from Hendrix College.
While pursuing his master’s, he worked as a financial analyst intern with the Little Rock accounting firm of Frost PLLC, helping with business valuations, damages calculations and other accounting functions to assist with litigation.
Carver is in the middle of the four-part Uniform CPA Examination to become a certified public accountant.
Wisdom he tries to follow: Strip out the stuff that doesn’t matter, so you can prioritize your time.
- Two Little Rock Real Estate Firms Merge 2 days ago
- Sarah Sanders Leaving White House Job, Returning to Arkansas 2 days ago
- Governor: C&H Hog Farm Will End Its Operation in Buffalo River Watershed 2 days ago
- Commission Approves License for Pine Bluff Casino, Rejects Bids in Pope County 2 days ago
- Lawyer: Ignoring NLRB Action Risks Lawsuits, Investigation 6 days ago