A lifelong interest in numbers and a good college professor set Jared Carver on the road that led him to the world of accounting and an opportunity in banking.
Carver joined Stone Bank of Mountain View as a financial analyst in January 2017 while finishing up work on a master’s in accounting from Hendrix College in Conway.
His duties at the Little Rock office of the $295 million-asset lender include analyzing monthly financial statements for board reporting, constructing models to predict the profitability of expansion projects, creating an annual budget and monitoring liquidity.
Carver, who grew up in Foreman (Little River County), graduated summa cum laude with distinction in May 2016 with a bachelor’s degree in economics from Hendrix College.
While pursuing his master’s, he worked as a financial analyst intern with the Little Rock accounting firm of Frost PLLC, helping with business valuations, damages calculations and other accounting functions to assist with litigation.
Carver is in the middle of the four-part Uniform CPA Examination to become a certified public accountant.
Wisdom he tries to follow: Strip out the stuff that doesn’t matter, so you can prioritize your time.
- Small Arkansas Banks Plow Onward in Face of Attrition 13 hours ago
- Number of Smallest of the Small Banks Continues to Dwindle in Arkansas 13 hours ago
- Bank OZK Packs Little Rock With New Deposits 13 hours ago
- Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Coming Soon to Pulaski County 13 hours ago
- SAFE Banking and Cannabis (Dan Roda Commentary) 13 hours ago