A lifelong interest in numbers and a good college professor set Jared Carver on the road that led him to the world of accounting and an opportunity in banking.
Carver joined Stone Bank of Mountain View as a financial analyst in January 2017 while finishing up work on a master’s in accounting from Hendrix College in Conway.
His duties at the Little Rock office of the $295 million-asset lender include analyzing monthly financial statements for board reporting, constructing models to predict the profitability of expansion projects, creating an annual budget and monitoring liquidity.
Carver, who grew up in Foreman (Little River County), graduated summa cum laude with distinction in May 2016 with a bachelor’s degree in economics from Hendrix College.
While pursuing his master’s, he worked as a financial analyst intern with the Little Rock accounting firm of Frost PLLC, helping with business valuations, damages calculations and other accounting functions to assist with litigation.
Carver is in the middle of the four-part Uniform CPA Examination to become a certified public accountant.
Wisdom he tries to follow: Strip out the stuff that doesn’t matter, so you can prioritize your time.
- $10M Pine Mountain Resort Aims to Lure Bikers, Cyclers to Eureka Springs 1 day ago
- Alice Walton: New Institute to Address 'Broken' Health Care System 1 day ago
- Former Walmart Exec David Glass Dies at 84 3 hours ago
- Barbara Sugg Named CEO of Southwest Power Pool 2 days ago
- AFCU Buys FamilyLife Building for $12M, Will Move HQ from Jacksonville 3 days ago