VP, Commercial Lender
Eagle Bank & Trust
Banking found Chris Pledger. He was young, just looking for a job, and he hired on as a teller with Regions Bank in Jonesboro, where he was a scholarship golfer at Arkansas State University.
Something about banking just fit the business major from Sheridan. In addition to the nuts and bolts, he enjoys building relationships with customers and helping them with current issues and future goals. “You’re almost like a therapist sometimes,” he laughs.
Pledger joined Eagle Bank & Trust in 2016 and was Employee of the Year in 2017. No longer a teller, he’s been doing consumer and commercial lending for the past two years — mainly construction loans in Pulaski and Saline counties, where business has been picking up steam.
He counts George Penick, Eagle Bank’s veteran senior vice president, as a mentor.
“Mr. Penick has taught me a lot about relationships, how to treat the customer and to be the best you can. He’s truly a remarkable guy. There’s several other people who have taught me things, but George is my day-to-day guy.”
Pledger also helps organize the Travis Wood Four-Ball Invitational tournament in Bryant as a fundraiser for Saline County Safe Haven.
- Video: Governor, Legislative Leaders Unveil Highway Plan
- Here Are the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Dispensary Scores
- Reuters: Walmart Strikes Deal with MGM for Vudu Content
- Benton Golfer Claims to Have Been Cheated Out of Truck Prize 18 hours ago
- Arkansas Women's Hall of Fame Announces New Inductees 7 hours ago
- Former OZK Exec Tyler Vance Taking Inspired Advance 18 hours ago
- North Little Rock Looks to the Skies 18 hours ago
- Wanted: Job in Radio. Experience: Legendary. 18 hours ago