Senior Account Executive
Dalaney Thomas is a woman in a hurry.
She was hired full time after just three weeks as an intern at CJRW, the large Little Rock advertising firm, and got her first promotion after a year. At 25, she became the firm’s youngest senior account executive, and now she’s co-supervisor of the state’s largest marketing contract, a $13.4 million-a-year advertising budget for Arkansas Parks & Tourism.
What are her keys to rapid success? Passion for the state’s parks and attractions, and a willingness to take on any task. One motto, she said, is “there’s no such thing as a job description. Run at every task full-speed ahead.”
A 2015 graduate of Ouachita Baptist University in Arkadelphia, Thomas found a mentor in Shelby Woods, CJRW’s chairman emeritus and pioneer of tourism advertising in the state.
She also manages the media and creative campaigns for Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort, which has a $3 million-a-year advertising budget.
“Growing up, we’d go to the lake and visit the state parks, and we always found beautiful places to explore and fun things to do,” she said.
Thomas has done charity work for Easter Seals and served as a children’s teacher at Freedom Worship Center in Little Rock, where her grandfather, David Dyson, is pastor, and her father, Norman Thomas, is associate pastor.
- Video: Misty Orpin of ArkansasCOVID Talks Data, What Businesses Should Watch 4 days ago
- Arkansas Reports Biggest One-day Spike in Coronavirus Cases 3 days ago
- Smith Family Announces Acquisition of Leggett's LR Funeral Home 4 days ago
- Utilities, Allies Contest Landmark Net Metering Ruling 3 days ago
- Work Search Rule Back In for Unemployment Benefits 1 week ago