Principal & Project Manager
When Phil Watson hears recent college graduates say they don’t know what to do with their new degrees, he thinks, “Maybe somebody should’ve talked to you.”
Watson is that somebody when he visits high schools and colleges as a member of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating & Air-Conditioning Engineers. He talks about what he does for a living, which is mostly designing air-conditioning systems.
Watson, of course, didn’t get that guidance. He Googled his way into choosing his career, he said. He searched for subjects he liked — “math, physics and art.” The first result was “architectural engineering.”
Watson graduated from Kansas State University with a bachelor’s degree in that, and he specialized in mechanical systems.
He said he likes working for Bernhard TME, a design and engineering company, because he enjoys the challenging and unique projects it handles, including operating rooms, laboratories, psychiatric wards and pharmacies.
Watson is working now to lower utility bills at the Dallas Cowboys’ stadium; one of the biggest projects he’s worked on is the Robinson Center renovation.
- Hot Springs Company Buys, Will Redevelop 56 Fred's Stores 4 days ago
- Shane Sweetin Sentenced to 33 Months for Lying on Loan Applications 2 days ago
- Hotel Hot Springs Goes to Creditor in Foreclosure 20 hours ago
- Mary Good, Pioneering Arkansas Scientist, Dies at 88 2 days ago
- UAMS Expects Big Savings From $150M Energy Project 21 hours ago