Principal & Project Manager
When Phil Watson hears recent college graduates say they don’t know what to do with their new degrees, he thinks, “Maybe somebody should’ve talked to you.”
Watson is that somebody when he visits high schools and colleges as a member of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating & Air-Conditioning Engineers. He talks about what he does for a living, which is mostly designing air-conditioning systems.
Watson, of course, didn’t get that guidance. He Googled his way into choosing his career, he said. He searched for subjects he liked — “math, physics and art.” The first result was “architectural engineering.”
Watson graduated from Kansas State University with a bachelor’s degree in that, and he specialized in mechanical systems.
He said he likes working for Bernhard TME, a design and engineering company, because he enjoys the challenging and unique projects it handles, including operating rooms, laboratories, psychiatric wards and pharmacies.
Watson is working now to lower utility bills at the Dallas Cowboys’ stadium; one of the biggest projects he’s worked on is the Robinson Center renovation.
- Caraway Plaza Shopping Center Sells for $19M 3 days ago
- Baptist Health Foundation CEO Files Lawsuit Over Termination 11 hours ago
- Arkansas Business Presents 20 In Their 20s: The New Influentials of 2019 1 week ago
- Pinnacle Hills Thrives as 'Downtown' of Northwest Arkansas 11 hours ago
- The Art of Being Wrong (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 1 week ago