Davis & Haynes Insurance Inc.
Ben Haynes’ business is the youngest among the 40 Under 40 honorees. He and his father-in-law, Gene Davis, and Doug Lowe incorporated Davis & Haynes Insurance Inc. in February in order to buy much of the personal lines business handled by their former employer, Stephens Insurance LLC.
“While we’re new, our book of business has years and years of relationships,” Haynes said. In addition to the principals, Davis & Haynes hired three former Stephens Insurance agents who had been serving the policyholders.
Born and raised in Little Rock, Haynes earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Arkansas in 2004, and then worked for J.B. Hunt Transport Services in logistics. He completed a master’s degree in operations management at the UA in 2008, and found a new career in insurance, first with State Farm and then with Stephens.
Davis, who worked for Stephens for 18 years, was first a mentor to Haynes, then a friend, then his father-in-law and now his business partner.
An avid outdoorsman, Haynes is chair of sponsorships for the Arkansas Outdoor Society, which seeks to introduce Arkansans to hunting. And in his spare time, “I sanitize my hands,” he joked.
- Tom Brannon to Fill Ed Buckner's Spot as THV11 Weather Chief 19 hours ago
- Locals 'Ecstatic' Over Johnny Morris' Dogpatch Purchase 20 hours ago
- Former Deltic Timber Corp. CEO Donates $1M to UA 20 hours ago
- Stein Mart Files for Bankruptcy; to Close Nearly 300 Stores 2 days ago
- BKD CPAS & Advisors Name Davenport Arkansas Managing Partner 2 days ago