SVP & Chief Community Outreach Officer
Miguel Lopez always wanted to help the Hispanic community and was doing that while working with small businesses and entrepreneurs for the Little Rock Regional Chamber.
“The nucleus of me is wanting to help,” Lopez said.
He fell into banking through “dumb luck” when he met executives with First Community Bank of Batesville who were looking for a way to better serve the Hispanic community. Lopez was named its Hispanic resource officer and, later, vice president of community outreach.
In March, he moved to Encore Bank, where he was named senior vice president.
“It’s a dream job for me,” said Lopez, the son of Mexican immigrants. “I know that at the end of the day when I put my head on the pillow, I’m doing right by the bank, by the shareholders, but also by the community. Growing up Hispanic, I saw how underbanked and unbanked our community is, and when I got into banking, I saw how important it is to have a strong bank in your corner.”
- Update: Vista Outdoor Completes $81.4M Remington Purchase 4 days ago
- Former Craighead County Clerk Lists Debts of $3.8M in Bankruptcy 11 hours ago
- First Community Bank Heads Westward in Little Rock 11 hours ago
- Arkansas Offers $50M Grant Program for Tourism, Hospitality 3 days ago
- Price Checked on Costco Parcel 11 hours ago