Rainwater Holt & Sexton
John Rainwater has had the opportunity to practice a number of kinds of law, including defense of law enforcement officers, bankruptcy and personal injury. He’s put that experience to use in the community by partnering with the Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute and providing free estate planning clinics for cancer patients and their families.
He has also conducted debt-counseling sessions for law school and high school students. Earlier this year, he received the Legal Services Corp.’s Pro Bono Service Award.
His most significant case, the one Rainwater felt the best about, he said, was winning a “sizable recovery” from the Arkansas Claims Commission for the estate of an 85-year-old pharmacist.
“It was the nicest family,” Rainwater said of the pharmacist’s family. “I never met him, but he seemed to have been a wonderful human being and lived a successful life. And then it was tragically cut short, and we were able to do a really good thing for his estate.”
- Tom Brannon to Fill Ed Buckner's Spot as THV11 Weather Chief 19 hours ago
- Locals 'Ecstatic' Over Johnny Morris' Dogpatch Purchase 21 hours ago
- Former Deltic Timber Corp. CEO Donates $1M to UA 20 hours ago
- Stein Mart Files for Bankruptcy; to Close Nearly 300 Stores 2 days ago
- BKD CPAS & Advisors Name Davenport Arkansas Managing Partner 2 days ago