Customer Business Manager
Parker Allen didn’t know he wanted to go into business until he went into business.
After graduating with a political science degree from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, Allen found a job at transportation giant J.B. Hunt Transport Services in Lowell. It was soon apparent that business and Allen were a perfect fit as he progressed from an entry-level job to a regional manager in Colorado in just a few short years.
“I didn’t think I would be interested in business going into school as an 18-year-old,” Allen said. “I definitely had some success early on and began to enjoy myself. That’s when I decided this is probably something I’m going to do for the long haul.”
Allen left J.B. Hunt for a job at PepsiCo and then returned to Arkansas a year ago to work for Nestle. He recently left Nestle to take a position with Bang Energy, a beverage company, in Rogers.
“It was to diversify my career a little bit and get back into CPG sales and out of the supply chain world I was living in,” said Allen, using the acronym for consumer packaged goods. “I want to be a very well-rounded individual. I don’t want to silo myself in supply chain. I wanted to get some different experience and different exposure to different sides of the businesses.”
- Emerson to Open $35M Ash Flat Plant, Create 245 Jobs 2 days ago
- BOA Invests in Southern Bancorp 2 days ago
- 8 Nonprofits Get $200K In Grants From Walton Family Foundation 2 days ago
- Searcy Solar, Largest Array With Storage in State, to Turn Dirt Next Month 2 days ago
- At Heifer, A Pivot Both Great and Small 2 days ago