VP of Operations
Sissy's Log Cabin
For William Jones IV, working at the family jewelry business, Sissy’s Log Cabin, was never really a question of if; it was a question of when. Jones is the third generation of the family to make a career at the company founded by his grandmother, Sissy Jones, 50 years ago in Pine Bluff. The business now also has locations in Little Rock, Jonesboro, Memphis and Conway.
The business, he said, has “always been a part of my life.”
After earning a degree in finance and business from the University of Central Arkansas, Jones trained at the Gemological Institute of America in Carlsbad, California.
But Jones has an entrepreneurial side, having started a technology company, and that helped him create an in-house financing company to extend credit to customers of Sissy’s.
He also has a talent for bringing efficiency to the business, implementing quality controls and ensuring the security of Sissy’s Log Cabin’s inventory. In addition, Jones updated the company’s computer system, changing software and implementing technology to provide better customer service, a quality for which Sissy’s is renowned.
He sees his future at Sissy’s and hopes to expand the brand in northwest Arkansas.
- Emerson to Open $35M Ash Flat Plant, Create 245 Jobs 2 days ago
- BOA Invests in Southern Bancorp 2 days ago
- 8 Nonprofits Get $200K In Grants From Walton Family Foundation 2 days ago
- Searcy Solar, Largest Array With Storage in State, to Turn Dirt Next Month 2 days ago
- At Heifer, A Pivot Both Great and Small 2 days ago